NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:19 am 

Whoops ( Computer or Fat fingers )

Last edited by towtug on Sat May 12, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:27 am 

Thanks guys for your help. I don't blame Fosko for heavily shrink wrapping the valve to hide its identity to cover the cost of R&D. At present I am running a BCF one size fits all rubber flap valve but it does have an annoying noise (hum) at idle with the window down. I have another brand to try but had to take out the spring as there's not enough vacuum to open it which is ok by the manufacturer as long a it's mounted horizontally. I gave it a test run to Inskip the last few days and no problems.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:36 am 

mydmax wrote:
Towtug.
The inclusion of the valve allowing flow from the engine to intake won’t hurt but may be unnecessary because there is no flash back of leanness induced flame like in a petrol engine to cause a reverse flame to engine sump/ cam cavity.

Mydmax
When the EGR is open there is only suction to the motor. When its closed there is no back flow to the airbox.
Who that be right so the valve is over kill ?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 am 

Towtug
Totally my mistake. I wrongly asumed the valve to be connected to that catch can pictured. I didn’t check with you, therefore, the valve in the EGR delete system is needed to stop back feed. Silly me.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 am 

towtug wrote:
When the EGR is open there is only suction to the motor. When its closed there is no back flow to the airbox.

There could be. Both directions are feed from the airbox. One is fed by a large pipe, one by a small hose. Maybe this is why the one way valve is needed.

Tink

Last edited by Tink on Sat May 12, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:57 am 

towtug wrote:
I don't blame Fosko for heavily shrink wrapping the valve to hide its identity to cover the cost of R&D.

I think the shrink wrap is just to make it look neater. I would guess that it is nothing more than a few brass plumbing fittings screwed together and wrapped. That’s what it looks to me anyway.

Tink

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 am 

Hi Tink
I think by looking at other forums the main concern is if you don't have a valve or catch can you might get oily blow back contaminating your air cleaner. Still after reading # 283 of 4x4 Action I'm glad I have fitted it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am 

Tink wrote:
towtug wrote:
I don't blame Fosko for heavily shrink wrapping the valve to hide its identity to cover the cost of R&D.

I think the shrink wrap is just to make it look neater. I would guess that it is nothing more than a few brass plumbing fittings screwed together and wrapped. That’s what it looks to me anyway.

Tink

Spot on Tink
After a bit of R&D a valve is necessary as you get blow back and a messy filter. After trying many makes of valves a $8 brass valve with a mod to the spring does the job.
Question ! Anyone with this type of delete or a Electronic delete notice a bit of oil consumption about 500mm in 10,000 klm.
Other than that all good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:31 am 

I have been reading all the postings regarding the' EGR bypass cooler delete'. would I be correct in thinking that with a EGR bypass kit from Fosko fitted, a Catch Can is not really needed as the crankcase ventilation is now not being mixed with hot exhaust gas to make the tar like sludge on the intake side.?? Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 am 

east Island dmax wrote:
I have been reading all the postings regarding the' EGR bypass cooler delete'. would I be correct in thinking that with a EGR bypass kit from Fosko fitted, a Catch Can is not really needed as the crankcase ventilation is now not being mixed with hot exhaust gas to make the tar like sludge on the intake side.?? Bob

Hi Bob
You will get mixed replies on this But on my research the oily mist ends up in the cylinders to get burnt not on its way in the intake .
One less thing to maintain.
Joe