NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:02 pm 

[quote="Bob"]If you read it on facebook, it must be true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ]

Same could be said for anything that you read on the internet.

Thing is Bob there is a lot more info on FB now days

Forums I used , Cars , Photography, Camping , Shooting, Fishing , Kayaking you name it have all but died and it's only a handful of regulars keeping them going .

Take the Munji cables for example there are plenty of FB members using them all saying the same thing
how many forum members are there 2 or 3 over the 2 Isuzu I know of .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 am 

Hi guys, I am back to share a bit of information I have found due to overwhelming demand to understand the secrets of the egr plug. I reckon this is how it works (happy to be corrected as always):
I have done some research and collected the information below from the 4JJ1 manual. It basically tells you a way of electronically disabling your egr for less than $5. HOWEVER the further repercussions of this trick are unknown & hence not recommended by me. I am just trying to share information I have found. I DO NOT USE THIS ON MY 4JJ1.
The EGR is de-activated when the air outside is below about 5 deg. I think thats pretty much agreed upon & is the basis of this concept. By cutting the two wires of the IAT sensor in the MAF (#4 & #5) & connecting a 5k ohm resistor between them you will trick the ECU into thinking the air is cold enough to disable the EGR. You could wire it up smarter with a switch enabling you to return it to normal readings. If you are planning on doing this you should plan where to cut BEFORE you cut - leaving enough room for soldering/switching/ soldering back together if it all goes bad etc.
You could use a variable resistor in the range of 4 to 5 k ohm & the "temp" will drop according to the attached. You can interpolate between the 3.6k ohm & 5.6k ohm (as it is linear) & achieve any temp reading you want.
Like i said i do not recommend doing this as only Isuzu knows what critical information the IAT is used for & they wont share that intellectual property with anyone - but i am pretty sure they would not waste money on non-sense sensors.
PS this "works" on other vehicles too - just need to know the critical temp of the egr operation.....

Attachments:
resistor trick.jpg
resistor trick.jpg [ 114.97 KiB | Viewed 3307 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:03 am 

All that does is replace a Thermistor action of NTC charcteristics with a fixed resistor value for the ECU to read. ie eliminating the thermistor in the airflow meter from the circuit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 pm 

Yep that is correct mate. Replacing a varying value with a fixed value. Glad to see some one understands this.

Post subject: Munji EGR delete cable
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm 

Some 4 years on I am wondering what the actual verdict is on this unit for those who had it fitted more than 2 years ago, in particular on the RC Colorado. Has there been any major downsides your motors as a result, or is it as good as suggested?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 am 

Just remember it's just a 10 cent resistor inside a cable that they charge a LOT of money for, it's only a matter of finding out which wire it is on the airbox and soldering one in...

Not sure how the ECU works in the Colorado and if it uses the airtemp sensor in the MAF for fuel adjustments, not all cars do, some only use the airtemp sensor strictly for EGR operation and if so it's ok to put a resistor or cable on but if not I wouldn't do it as your interfering with the fueling of the vehicle, I believe the DMax (different motor) falls into the latter and I would be wary of putting a cable or resistor onto one. Remember most people have probably sold their cars on by now so long term information might be hard to get as the cables have probably been removed for sale.

There's info on how to do it in a post above, this is exactly what the cable does.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:26 pm 

Sid57 wrote:
Some 4 years on I am wondering what the actual verdict is on this unit for those who had it fitted more than 2 years ago, in particular on the RC Colorado. Has there been any major downsides your motors as a result, or is it as good as suggested?

Absolutely no problems at all. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:28 am 

If you want to try it, you can cut the two wires mentioned above and solder the ECU ends to a double pole single throw switch. ie the ECU ecu ends to the centre two of the switch.

On one set of side two side poles solder a 5K resistor. On the other side set of poles solder the two wires with colours matching the centre wires so like colours are joined when that side is selected.
Then you can easily switch between normal ECU sensing of IAT, OR, the set value of 5kohms which holds the ECU and subsequently the EGR in cold mode. This should also display a low IAT reading on a Scangauge or similar ecu reader tool with the switch to the resistor side. Normal reading if switched to other side.

Total cost 6 cents for a resistor. you may have to buy 6 or 10 on a card so the expense soars to 36cents or 60cents. The switch is around $3 so a tad cheaper than other options.

When I look in the wallet I see under $4 is less than over $100 for the same effect but the 44 option gives immediate reversal as well.

If in doubt you can unplug the MAF sensor plug and probe the two pins indicated. Knowing the ambient temp, the multimeter should immediately confirm the pins are the correct ones because the ambient temp of the MAF sensor body, ie, what you are experiencing should match the above table of IAT sensor ohm value. Being a NTC, Negative Temperature Coefficient resistor in the IAT section means the multimeter reading will become lower as the temp of the sensor body becomes hotter.