NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: ARB suspension
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:27 am 

Tink wrote:
d-mac wrote:
Well fitted the rear ome 300kg constants today :D ,after measuring the standards(i measured from the top of the rear wheel hub to bottom of guard) the ome springs have pushed the rear end up 92mm :shock: ,i have'nt put the front springs in yet but the ones ARB have given me are the #3058 for the bar and winch,i wont be running the winch.The arse is so high my wife cant see over the tailgate :shock: and im hoping the rear will drop 60mm :?: for it to be a 30mm lift

The "standard" height from the centre of the hub to the guard for the front is 520 and rear is 540. Refer back a few pages in this thread for discussions. What was yours before upgrading?

Tink

Yeah tink, it was 533 (rear) before i put the ome in,the standard springs have only done 6000klms so i dont think they would have sagged that much :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:33 am 

D-mac did you have 300kg in when you measured or unloaded. Unloaded they are very high, mine dropped down about 35 loaded when new.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm 

Finally the parts came in at ARB extra leaf fitted today, rear is now 580 from centre of hub to guard...happy with that....

Heps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:00 pm 

heps1 wrote:
Finally the parts came in at ARB extra leaf fitted today, rear is now 580 from centre of hub to guard...happy with that....

Heps

Heps will measure mine tommorow now that the draw system and canopy are fitted,ARB said they would take a leaf out til i got my van and then put it back in,its raised the rear 92mm :shock: thats with no weight in rear :o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm 

Yeah d mac that's high need to try and get a happy medium, I needed the extra leaf due to long range tank bar work two fridges in rear all the time and extra battery, it sat to low, will be interested to see your next measurements....

Heps

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:54 pm 

Well I got the ARB deluxe bar and the OME suspension upgrade last Monday. Result was 30mm lift above standard at front and 40mm above standard at rear. However due to the constant load of drawers, dual battery, 40l water tank and SMM canopy the lift was 70mm above what it was at the rear when I dropped it off. Happy with the result. Will be hooking up the caravan for a 3 week trip next Sunday so that will be the real test. Photos of before and after below.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 138.12 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 134.65 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:04 pm 

I just have had a GVM upgrade from ARB with OME 300kg constant rear plus extra leaves (approx 500kg). The rear is sitting at around 600mm now from centre of hub to wheel arch. I already have canopy, long range tank, drawers, tools, recovery gear, fridge and battery system fitted (probably 400kg). I did get two teenagers (about 90kg all up) sit in back seats and it dropped 5mm straight away.

I was told it would drop/sag a bit. Have other peoples who have had this done had the leaf springs settle/drop a bit lower as this seems fairly high presently.

I still do have to add a fair bit of extra weight i.e fill long range tank full (presently only 40 litres in it), camper towball (200kg), camping gear and people - probably another 500 kg on top of whats already on there all up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm 

Hi Josh. I have 300 constant in the back put in about 4 years ago. It did settle over time but it was very high for the first few months and higher than my liking for around 12 months. Almost needed my missus step ladder to get a beer out of the fridge. A few camping trips and a some kays under its belt will bring it down.

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16