NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARB suspension
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 pm 

Danno wrote:
Too many potential hassles with OME Turkey, and plenty of alternatives that are just as good if not better and cheaper that don't seem to have these dramas.

It seems lots of companies are having problems with the front end on the DMax though, you would think they would have it sorted by now, it took 3 spring changes to get mine perfect, the spring that Dobinson lists for a bar and winch is woefully inadequate.

Your probably right; its would just be nice to drive one with suspension X before hand, so you know/can compare. I have done it only with an OME equipt rig, the ride is awesome on the dirt. The new OME gear (bp51) cant be par off, but its going to be to spendy...Decisions decisions....

ARB state OME is all good in reqards to ESC, do any of the others offer such assurance?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:29 pm 

As Danno says , too many hassles and I have had plenty . The spring works will set the vehicle up if there is any problems they will change the springs , no telling me to load 600kg on the tray .

I don't know when the springs will be fitted , the 4wd shop has all my stuff ready to go , he needs to find 3 days to fit the Bar,Winch , Snorkel , E-lockers and Sliders , I said no hurry .

Will get the springs after that ,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 pm 

Turkey wrote:
ARB state OME is all good in reqards to ESC, do any of the others offer such assurance?

I don't see why ESC wouldn't be good with all of em , unless they did something stupid , like a 6inch lift

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 pm 

The legalities of ESC and a suspension lift are apparently being discussed between all state and territories atm, with a possibility of relaxing the rules because as it stands if you read the rules correctly you can't legally lift a vehicle without proving that the ESC is not affected, thankfully it's pretty much ignored by everyone, insurance co. included.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:13 pm 

Danno wrote:
The legalities of ESC and a suspension lift are apparently being discussed between all state and territories atm, with a possibility of relaxing the rules because as it stands if you read the rules correctly you can't legally lift a vehicle without proving that the ESC is not affected, thankfully it's pretty much ignored by everyone, insurance co. included.

The exact wording is "SHOULD", which in my field of expertise is entirely different to MUST....

A lawyer could have a field day with "should".

think were safe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:47 pm 

Turkey wrote:
Danno wrote:

The exact wording is "SHOULD", which in my field of expertise is entirely different to MUST....

A lawyer could have a field day with "should".

think were safe

huh??

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:02 pm 

For modification codes contained in this Section of VSB 14, evidence >>>>>>>>> should <<<<<<<<<<<< be obtained either
from the vehicle manufacturer or through testing to determine the impact on the ESC system

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads ... 1%20v3.pdf

2.6 MODIFICATIONS TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ESC
Many modern vehicles are now being equipped with a safety feature known as Electronic
Stability Control (ESC). (ESC is also known by other terms including Vehicle Stability Control or
Dynamic Stability Control).
ESC provides motorists additional safety in terms of vehicle stability and handling, particularly in
difficult situations where loss of control could otherwise occur. ESC uses computer technology
to assist the driver in maintaining control in emergency situations – particularly when executing
avoidance manoeuvres involving sudden swerving and in cases when the vehicle begins to
slide and rotate sideways.
Braking is automatically applied to individual wheels, such as the outer front wheel to counter
oversteer, or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce
engine power until steering control is regained.
ESC is programmed by the vehicle manufacturer for the vehicle to which it is fitted taking into
account a number of design parameters such as brake, engine and transmission performance,
tyre specifications, steering systems, suspension (type and performance characteristics), mass
of the vehicle and weight distribution.
For modification codes contained in this Section of VSB 14, evidence should be obtained either
from the vehicle manufacturer or through testing to determine the impact on the ESC system.
To remain within the scope of this Section of VSB 14, a vehicle fitted with ESC must not be
modified if the operation of the ESC is affected unless the ESC system is adjusted accordingly.
Persons wishing to modify vehicles equipped with ESC must contact their Registration
Authority for further information and guidance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:23 pm 

I have now had a MCC Single Hoop winch bar and Runva winch with synthetic rope fitted to my Dmax for only 2 days I have done about 400k , the front is now 10mm lower than std hight .

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 am 

I got a phone call from the shop that did my GVM upgrade a rep from ARB wants to have a look at my front suspension this Thursday, it will be very interesting to see what she , yes she has to say .

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 am 

Like I said above I'm getting my Suspension looked at tomorrow at the shop that did the work .
I have a couple of things I need to mention , the bloke that fitted the lockers asked me who had the wheels off last because they had stuffed a wheel stud and just belted it on , he replaced it for me.

Now I notice the front tyres scrubbing on the inside , I very much doubt it had a wheel alignment.

How hard is it to get good work done now days .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next