NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARB suspension
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:02 pm 

Jackofjr wrote:
I have just driven home from getting the new springs fitted to my Dmax , HD Prado springs so I was told .
The drive home is about 70k , I measured it as soon as I parked on the concrete

going on the shops numbers it has dropped 6mm sides in the 70Ks

The front right is now only 9mm higher than std
The front left is 16mm higher than std .

I know the 35mm lift is approximate ( give or take a couple ) but it's still not even close

The rep from ARB Head Office did ring me as I pulled into my drive to see what I thought , I hadn't measured it at that stage , she wants me to keep her informed , I appreciate that and I will

But really this has taken weeks , I have just about had enough

What would you Blokes do .

Have a couple of tasty beverages and review again in the morning :D

Tink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:21 pm 

It's got to be frustrating the 6 mm is settling but you didn't get enough in the 1st place. I got the biggest hilux coil when I'm back home I will measure and post. I will stop in and see the boys at ARB and get the part number. Those figure's is what I had with ARB supplied dmax springs let them know and get it fixed. The pain in the arse is going back again but you should be happy not killing your frustration with beer.

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:52 pm 

Jackofjr wrote:
I have just driven home from getting the new springs fitted to my Dmax , HD Prado springs so I was told .

I know the 35mm lift is approximate ( give or take a couple ) but it's still not even close

The rep from ARB Head Office did ring me as I pulled into my drive to see what I thought , I hadn't measured it at that stage , she wants me to keep her informed , I appreciate that and I will

There comes a point Jacko when you've just got to make a call mate, take it to Springworks and get yourself a can of yellow paint and be done with it, even if you did get 35mm it'll settle 10 over time and you'll only be left with 25mm max anyway, and its been more than weeks, you started this in Feb!

And then go lob them through the front window if it makes you feel better :lol:

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:29 pm 

Danno wrote:
Jackofjr wrote:

There comes a point Jacko when you've just got to make a call mate, take it to Springworks and get yourself a can of yellow paint and be done with it, even if you did get 35mm it'll settle 10 over time and you'll only be left with 25mm max anyway, and its been more than weeks, you started this in Feb!

And then go lob them through the front window if it makes you feel better :lol:

If you aren't happy go back and get a refund and quote your consumer rights laws from your state. Many folks have had good service so unfortunately we can't tar the brand with the same brush. No point flogging a lame horse mate.

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 pm 

Yeah I'm pissed off ,
The MCC Bar I have is only a single loop the Winch has Dynema Rope . I would think when you get Springs for a Winch Bar and Winch , ARB would supply springs for one of their Bars and a Winch with steel cable .
My Bar and Winch would be quite few Kg lighter ,

I just don't get it , has anyone actually got 35mm lift , it's just BS .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 pm 

Jackofjr wrote:
Yeah I'm pissed off ,
The MCC Bar I have is only a single loop the Winch has Dynema Rope . I would think when you get Springs for a Winch Bar and Winch , ARB would supply springs for one of their Bars and a Winch with steel cable .
My Bar and Winch would be quite few Kg lighter ,

I just don't get it , has anyone actually got 35mm lift , it's just BS .

ARB make a couple of different springs depending what gear you have:

For the front end : Nothing fitted (part # 3056); bar only (part #3057) and bar + winch (part # 3058).

Similar for rear : Medium load (EL072R), constant 300kg (EL073R) and constant 600kg (EL074R).

Do you know which ones were fitted?

And they only claim an estimated lift of 30mm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 pm 

For the front end : Nothing fitted (part # 3056); bar only (part #3057) and bar + winch (part # 3058).

Similar for rear : Medium load (EL072R), constant 300kg (EL073R) and constant 600kg (EL074R).

funny that i got a quote for front springs today from ARB :) and with BAR ONLY the coil spring part# number was 3058,maybe they have worked out it was too light for the winch and bar :?: 300kg constant rear springs was ELO73R.was quoted $10060.77 for (1)greaseable shackles(2)Front coils(3)rear 300kg constant(4)u/bolt washer and nuts(5)h/brake relocation kit, does this seem too expensive? im also getting an ARB deluxe bar fitted tommorow(friday) so im hoping to get this price down if im lucky :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm 

d-mac wrote:

funny that i got a quote for front springs today from ARB :) and with BAR ONLY the coil spring part# number was 3058,maybe they have worked out it was too light for the winch and bar :?: 300kg constant rear springs was ELO73R.was quoted $10060.77 for (1)greaseable shackles(2)Front coils(3)rear 300kg constant(4)u/bolt washer and nuts(5)h/brake relocation kit, does this seem too expensive? im also getting an ARB deluxe bar fitted tommorow(friday) so im hoping to get this price down if im lucky :lol:

I was quoted $2k neat for a kit supplied and fitted. That's the front end 3058 to suit bar + winch, constant 300kg rear (EL073R), greasable shackles, U bolts etc.

Here's the part details. Click here for a full size image if the one below is too small for you to read: http://i.imgur.com/pxk41nL.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm 

D-Mac I ordered my OME suspension upgrade with 300kg rears and a colour coded ARB deluxe bar all fitted for $4,400. Bar without winch 3057, rear leaves EL073R is in my quote.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 pm 

d-mac wrote:

Yeah 10 grand sounds about right :roll: :lol:

What's the brake relocation kit do, apart from the obvious, is it just a move or lengthened lines? mines at 580 on the rear and the lines are ok but lots of others have had to lengthen.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next