NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:28 pm 

Where do you live in Northern syd ?
Where did you see me ? Guess mine is easy to pick out.
Yer it was 60mm sagged in the back. Bloody high in the back now, will just get into 2.1m car parks now.

You really have to match the spring load to what you carry.
If your load changes a bit, its going to be a compromise.
Maybe they have tweaked the springs now to get a good lift out of it. Trial and error.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 pm 

I'm in Turramurra.

I totally agree, I have 450kg Dobinsons springs and I'm going to take a leaf out.
Now that I've removed the toolboxes/drawers/conduit/racks (probably 100-120kg) I've noticed the rear sits up higher than before and the front is perhaps down a little more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:05 pm 

Only a suburb away. Prob seen my other work Dmax getting around as well. :lol:
I took the ute down to canoon rd in the carpark, few good banks to test some flex out on.

The tow bar is at a perfect height for my work trailers but. Bit high for the camper, but that gives me an excuse to update it to 4x4 specs lol.
Got to put the big 3 tonne tandem trailer on, will be interesting to see how it tows.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 pm 

sucksqueezebangblow wrote:
I'm in Turramurra.

I totally agree, I have 450kg Dobinsons springs and I'm going to take a leaf out.
Now that I've removed the toolboxes/drawers/conduit/racks (probably 100-120kg) I've noticed the rear sits up higher than before and the front is perhaps down a little more.

First thing I did after putting my 450kg Dobinsons in was pull them back out and remove a leaf! it sat way too high, now it's going back in, make sure you take the right one out and it'll turn it into a 250kg spring.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:04 am 

The bloke said removing spring #5 will make them 280kg constant load .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:12 pm 

question for jackofjr

Had my bullbar and winch fitted. Was meant to have bullbar and winch front springs fitted.
But guess what, that's not what is in there, so its down to factory height again.

Got told by ARB there are 3 springs for the front. Standard raised, bullbar raised and bar/winch raised.
no idea what they put in the front, but its not the bar/winch which I asked for.
They said they can install bar/winch raised either dmax or hilux coils. Hilux ones are 10mm taller.
They wanted me to pay for the new coils and labour at the start. Typical ARB. That isn't going to happen.

Just wondering which ones I should go to, not too worried about CV angles as I have free wheeling hubs.

Dmax max lift is meant to be 30mm, so maybe with the hilux springs I might get 35-40mm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:31 pm 

520mm centre of hub to bottom of guard is OEM for the front. What did you end up with?

Tink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm 

Prior to the bar I had 35mm above the standard height. Added the bar and winch and ended up with around 5-10mm above stock.
I took all measurements from the ground to where the guard starts plumb up from the hub, marked the concrete where the car was parked. So its on the same spot to the mm. All my measurements are at work, don't have them in front of me.
Still running stock rims and tyres. With all the same weight on the rear. Only weight that has been added is the bullbar and winch.

Before the bar and winch could get under the 2.1m yellow height indicator at the shops, now the rear ladder racks on the tray hit.
So the front has dropped enough to push the back of the tray up.

I was looking at the invoice, they have mix matched the kit with the front struts and springs.
Put the bar/winch rated struts on and put the bar only springs in.
At least I have the right struts in the front and its just the springs that need changing.
The parts for the rear are all correct, 600kg springs and shocks. All the shackles and bushes are the same for all the kits.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:29 pm 

Freezy it's been said a million times on here mate, take your measurements from the middle of the wheel to the guard or things like tyre pressures will influence the results, the standard height on the front is 520 from middle of hub to guard, what have you got?

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:34 am 

Its around 540mm so 20mm above standard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next