NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm 

Fitting tomorrow hopefully, more to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:38 pm 

The suspense is killing me... how do it go?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:28 pm 

A bit delayed....outback armour fitted. 35-40mm raised. Awesome quality of springs and shocks. Vibration on take off experienced, pretty noticeable. After much research, dropped centre bearing down using 5mm plate steel with a hole for bolt as a spacer to lower bracket. Halved the vibration. Added another, halved it again, but still there, just. Didn't like the look of drive shaft angle from the centre bearing to output of transfer case, so ordered 3 degree leaf spring wedges. On Dmax, spring is above axle, so installed the wedges thick end facing to the rear(towbar), to point the diff pinion back up slightly.

End result, 3 degree leaf spring wedges, centre bearing bracket lowered 5-6mm, don't notice any vibration on take off....all good I guess.

Just did Townsville, cairns, CREB track, Cooktown ect. Totally improved handling on rough bitumen corners, no more front end skipping and shockies packing up. Off road, have no complaints at all, but very happy with improvement and end result. Bad corrugation and steep climbs, still provided good traction, even in 2wd.

Would use Outback Armour again, and have mates now ordering for 2011 Colorado and 2009 Hilux after seeing mine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:23 pm 

Thx for the update. Is yours manual or auto ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:10 am 

LST wrote:

Manual I say, centre bearing.

Hey Jamie were did you get the 3 degree leaf spring wedges please.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 pm 

ARROW wrote:
LST wrote:

Manual I say, centre bearing.

Hey Jamie were did you get the 3 degree leaf spring wedges please.

Just searched on Google for 'leaf spring wedges'. There are a few places in Aust, but the one I used sold them individually, which was of no use to me when it rocked up!!! It does say so on the website, I just assumed they would be sold as a pair, seeing only one is useless to anyone. Worthwhile getting ones that are anti slip, have a pattern or course surfaces on them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 pm 

Are any of you guys still running the outback Armour suspension?

How has it held up? Good/Bad?
There just seems to be NO reviews of this floating around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:40 pm 

Fitted mine back in march as the standard suspension wasn't up to the job of towing our van. Went for Expedition front kit and Expedition HD rear.
No spacer in the front shocks and with the vehicle loaded it settled out at 45mm front and rear. The shocks are massive compared to standard .
Yes I would definitely recommend them. Great for towing 2.5t yet smooth ride and articulation empty.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:03 am 

Hi all, I bought a new dmax in Oct 17 and it went straight in for a OA expedition suspension upgrade as I tow a 3t boat. I've been driving round for 3000kms and just had the 3k service, nothing mentioned all good. Went on Chrissy hols and did some beach work, came back to work drove around for 4 days around town and the ABS light starting coming on. It went off then next morning came back on. Rang dealer and told them, they told me to bring it in but the ABS light wouldn't affect the driving of the vehicle or brakes so no worries. Then on my way home that arvo, light had gone off and all things going well. Driving about 40km/por in peak hour traffic, went to slow down for red light and when I put my foot gently on the brake it started shuddering and jolting like the ABS has activated. Took my foot off the brake then placed it on again gently and did the sa,e shuddering jolting thing. Pulled over the side of the road and rang Isuzu assist. They sent RACQ out and the mechanic came and got out of the truck and first words out of his mouth was, geez I can smell your brakes, what happened? I explained what happened and he said sounds like you have an faulty AbS module, you will need to be towed as you can't drive the vehicle. Got sent to dealer and without going into the disgusting way I was treated, end result was they are wiping their hands of the issue and saying it is cause by the suspension and that it is too "soft" and it made the cars wheels lift off the ground and activate a wheel sensor. Now I don't know a hell of a lot about cars, but that sounds like complete BS to me. 1. - OA expedition is a heavier suspension than factory, and not "soft". 2- i have never felt the car act weird and definatley not felt a wheel lift off the ground. 3- if the wheel was off the ground wouldn't it be the TCS and ESC activate not the ABS?
Question to forum members with OA fitted, have they had any issues like this happen? Isuzu are wiping their hands of it and saying it's not their problem as I have fitted an after market suspension and it's too soft in their opinion, there not a warranty claim?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 am 

HCH
You have met a typical dealer who knows little about the vehicle they sell and is prepared to tell you anything to avoid doing anything. The suspension will not afffect the braking and unless it is travelling along holding one wheel in the air then and only then will it affect the system. Ask them to cut the crap and act seriously. They require confronting apparently.

If your tyres are deflated unevenly, ie, not at same pressures and similar actual diameter, then the rotation detection can make the system alert. If the brakes simply heat up while driving straight then it may be an ABS system fault.

An ABS sensor on one of the wheels may have been affected by sand or abrasive material or the wiring/plugs from each wheel may be damaged. Have a good look at those and check connections.

Regarding soft and hard. The standard isuzu suspension is about as soft as you would want and is not suited to towing heavy loads or heavy braking. especially after it has done a few thousand kms and the poor standard shocks allow the wheels to flap up and down and that makes the ABS unable to operate properly. The dealer has got is all wrong and should be reminded of that fact.