NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Re: 2013 DMax suspension
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:40 am 

Scrawni
Every component in a motor vehicle is subject to a, Cost Benefit Analysis.

That is why Holden have so much trouble with their products. They fit as cheap as they can use within reason.
The suspension is essentially the same but the bushes in the suspension, subject to a Cost Benefit Analysis, cannot be the same quality as the Dmax ones and so many many have become noisey or failed.
The rear main seals in the Italian engine have given trouble. Possibly they don't fit that quality anymore as they found it cost them too much in warranty repairs to change them.

One Colorado owner has had 4 rear mains seals fitted to the same engine before the issue went away. Dealers, strangely, already had stocks of spares "ready" to fit. That is unusual, and shows GM knew of the possibilities of failure.
If GM made trucks as Isuzu do, then the GM ones would be frequently stopped on the road side or in the middle of the roadway.
The only way reliability will increase is if they lift their game.
Ford have done the same to the Ranger, there are many more Ranger problems than Mazda problems.

Asian countries have some pride in their product. Yanks just slap 'em together and ship 'em out.

$$$$$$$$$ RULE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 am 

Scrawni wrote:
Are the two cars the same underneath the covers, I have heard that both the colly and the max share the same suspension.

Can anyone confirm this as I have fund a 4" lift kit I would like to investigate further but its list for the D-max.

Any chance you could post a link for that?

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 am 

Danno wrote:
Scrawni wrote:
Are the two cars the same underneath the covers, I have heard that both the colly and the max share the same suspension.

Can anyone confirm this as I have fund a 4" lift kit I would like to investigate further but its list for the D-max.

Couldn't find the 4" but here is a 7" by the same company so if you goggle the company you will find it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-D-MAX- ... 2a34cd0e63

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 am 

mydmax wrote:
Scrawni
Every component in a motor vehicle is subject to a, Cost Benefit Analysis.

That is why Holden have so much trouble with their products. They fit as cheap as they can use within reason.
The suspension is essentially the same but the bushes in the suspension, subject to a Cost Benefit Analysis, cannot be the same quality as the Dmax ones and so many many have become noisey or failed.
The rear main seals in the Italian engine have given trouble. Possibly they don't fit that quality anymore as they found it cost them too much in warranty repairs to change them.

One Colorado owner has had 4 rear mains seals fitted to the same engine before the issue went away. Dealers, strangely, already had stocks of spares "ready" to fit. That is unusual, and shows GM knew of the possibilities of failure.
If GM made trucks as Isuzu do, then the GM ones would be frequently stopped on the road side or in the middle of the roadway.
The only way reliability will increase is if they lift their game.
Ford have done the same to the Ranger, there are many more Ranger problems than Mazda problems.

Asian countries have some pride in their product. Yanks just slap 'em together and ship 'em out.

$$$$$$$$$ RULE.

I don't doubt that one bit, I have worked in a industry where the dollar is king and the things that are done just t save money is s wrong its almost criminal.

So in the same light could you confirm that the wheel arch profile is the same for both cars as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am 

I reckon your best shot there would be to throw a paper bag on your head and go park next to a D Max somewhere and actually compare it side by side, because Holden changed just about every panel ( :roll: ) and I think only direct comparison will give you that answer.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:08 am 

Danno wrote:
I reckon your best shot there would be to throw a paper bag on your head and go park next to a D Max somewhere and actually compare it side by side, because Holden changed just about every panel ( :roll: ) and I think only direct comparison will give you that answer.

Cheers.

Why the paper bag? its only my car that's ugly :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:30 pm 

Hard to find a paper bag big enough for the car, handsome, so you may as well hide your own identity.

Maybe Holden has an official paper bag accessory that will fit the car? check the brochure.

Last edited by Danno on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:18 pm 

It would at least need to be large enough to hide to ridiculous front end. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danno wrote:
Hard to find a paper bag big enough for the car handsome, so you may as well hide your own identity.

Maybe Holden has an official paper bag accessory that will fit the car? check the brochure.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:23 pm 

Scrawni wrote:
Danno wrote:
Scrawni wrote:

Couldn't find the 4" but here is a 7" by the same company so if you goggle the company you will find it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-D-MAX- ... 2a34cd0e63

Go read his responses to people leaving negative feedback, which is 95% to start with, that's unusual as vendors can now tweak the feedback score to make themselves look good, which is why everyone's got 99-100% these days. If 95% is the best tweak he can do..........be careful.