NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SAX suspension
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 am 

Spoke to them today at length, shocks will not affect warranty but he did point out that because the 3d springs rebound quicker than a normal spring it can cause problems mainly with cheaper shocks and to use a high end such as a Bilstien or something like that. He didn't really push their own hard other than that theirs were valved for that.

Their shocks are about 36mm, I like mine a bit bigger than that, my Nissan has 45's in the back, 41 would be my minimum in the Dmax.

Pj, how does your ride height go between full and empty? And how much difference in weight too.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:11 pm 

I haven't loaded it up yet. I'll see if i get a chance to hook up the camper on the weekend and try it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 am 

Those springs are garbage. Had them in a D22 Navara, 1st set stuffed the pinion angle.

So they sent me another set, rode like crap, constant squeaks. Requested my money back and it fell on deaf ears.

Traded the D22 for the Dmax.

I tried a set of Ironman leaf springs (Meant to be Lovells) for a week. (Rode well)

After I realized that I had actually had Ironman springs fitted instead of Lovells like I paid for. They replaced the Ironman with Lovells. The Ironman rode the best.

These were all in the D22.

The Dmax will be keeping the stock springs. Once the shocks are rooted, I'll be fitting Bilsteins like the D22 had. The Bilsteins were the best aftermarket part I ever fitted to any car I've owned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm 

Isuzumu wrote:
LS-Terrain wrote:
Those springs are garbage. Had them in a D22 Navara, 1st set stuffed the pinion angle.

So they sent me another set, rode like crap, constant squeaks. Requested my money back and it fell on deaf ears.

I tried a set of Ironman leaf springs (Meant to be Lovells) for a week. (Rode well)

After I realized that I had actually had Ironman springs fitted instead of Lovells like I paid for. They replaced the Ironman with Lovells. The Ironman rode the best.

Ever thought it was the Nissan LS-T had my now for 60,000 k and are still like brand new and they have done a fair bit of work.

The Dmax will be keeping the stock springs. Once the shocks are rooted, I'll be fitting Bilsteins like the D22 had. The Bilsteins were the best aftermarket part I ever fitted to any car I've owned.

What annoys me about this thread is most people don't do enough Ks and come up with some stupid reason about there equipment.
Now is there another 2012 on D.Max out there that has done the Ks and places and towing a fair bit of weight like we have done.
And yeah I have a little bit of experience off the beaten track 1972 Cape York in an olive drab 6x6 International truck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:07 pm 

Most people are unhappy with suspension due to false or missleading information at the end of the day leaf springs r designed for weight if they where their for comfort mercs would have them. I see so many people who have heavy duty kits with standard tubs on and the shocks about 10mm from full flex at stationary and then wonder why the are such a harsh ride and bag them out a really good example is tough dog suspension I have seen so many people complain because they went and bought the $2200 fully adjustable kit thinking they where buying the best how ever they weren't told if you jack the crap out of the front you will have little compression and extreme rebound giving a sharp uncomfortable bounce I personally think they are a great suspension just very pricey and are not explained how to use when sold . When picking suspension just pick the company that cares the most and backs their product.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 am 

Isuzumu wrote:
Isuzumu wrote:
LS-Terrain wrote:

Ever thought it was the Nissan LS-T had my now for 60,000 k and are still like brand new and they have done a fair bit of work.

What annoys me about this thread is most people don't do enough Ks and come up with some stupid reason about there equipment.
Now is there another 2012 on D.Max out there that has done the Ks and places and towing a fair bit of weight like we have done.
And yeah I have a little bit of experience off the beaten track 1972 Cape York in an olive drab 6x6 International truck.

I agree with you Bruce and nutter 100%, and disgruntled owner posts (justified or not) are an unfortunate part of forums.

Lots of people are having the same issues with Sax though, and at 1400 for a pair of rear springs you've a right to not expect that.

Just for everyone's info they really do monitor all the forums, so please don't name the product outright if you have a major grievance with them or anyone else.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 am 

Isuzumu wrote:

Agree too. Susp upgrades can be pretty subjective. Make a choice and live with it. Give constructive public forum feedback where possible.
My 2c on kms travelled. My business has 3x 2012 dmax lsu crews 4x2 all with abt 150,000km. Two blokes and 400kg daily. Stock susp little low but all good. Mostly hwy no offroad. They avg 7.5l/100km too! Love the Dmax.

2013 LSU crew,auto,4x4,white,towb,tint,tubliner+Outback Armour lift,Ironman Bullbar,Alpha Canopy,PhatBars,Snorkel,Superwinch hubs,WhispbarHD racks,Provent 200, ecuwest tune,UHF,7"HIDs, Wheels 17x8 PDW w/Toyo OPAT2 275-65r17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:13 am 

Hey danno. When you say places monitor the forum do you mean they can shut the forum down for Giving a company a bad name thing?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:29 am 

nutter546 wrote:
Hey danno. When you say places monitor the forum do you mean they can shut the forum down for Giving a company a bad name thing?

There is another forum that had to close down a Topic about a manufacturer other wise they were going to get into trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 pm 

nutter546 wrote:

Not likely to shut the forum down but they could, they can take legal action against you for defamation, and when I say you I mean YOU not the forum owner, everyone assumes they are safe from that on a forum hiding behind a username, this is not the case, you are very easy to locate, remember you all have an IP address..

I've already had to modify this thread once or twice.

There was a thread on 4wdaction on Roo systems that got way out of hand and "hasbeen", roosystems owner got on there and took questions to his credit while getting pasted, normally any criticism of a sponser on that forum disappears quicker than you could put it up! he could of sued any one of them.
I believe it's still there too.

Best just to step around the name if it's any way defamatory, and save me the trouble of modifying it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next