NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SAX suspension
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:52 am 

Danno wrote:
Is that twin money box piggies I see there Bruce?? :lol: :lol:

Yes mate, one for $1 coins for washing machines and the other for other coins, it nearly full so there is another couple of kilos :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 am 

Dropbear74 wrote:
Isuzumu wrote:
ch2 wrote:
Bruce, I think I've read on here that you got a 4" lift from the Sax suspension - is that over standard height (so rear centre of wheel to top of wheel arch would be about 640 mm) and with what load? Also, when you are loaded up with the trailer on (600 kg), what is the ride height then? 4" from standard would be too much for what I want, I'd be happy if at GVM we were at about standard height.

How sure are you of the 600 kg? Have you weighed the truck? I ask this as I am always surprised how quickly a family of four, tow bar, bull bar, side steps, radios, floor matts, long range tanks, fuel in the tank, roof rack, awning, bigger tyres, canopy, second battery, battery charger add up. Then add camping gear.....

Have not weight it but have 310Kg with ball weight/fuel tank alone. 80 litre fridge freezer chockers with frozen meat and grog, two .......bugger I will just take a photo and post :lol: So yep not sure probably over that as there is a battery charger and lots of other stuff under the wings. But the suspension has held up very well, i's been on for 2 1/2 years and there would probably not another D.Max that can handle as well as this one.

Off topic, are they your pink slippers in the drawers mate? :oops:

Dan got it right DB, I should have covered it up cause that's where my life saving hahahahahaha

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:43 pm 

Gee Bruce, looks familiar!

Attachment:
rodeo.JPG
rodeo.JPG [ 254.63 KiB | Viewed 9153 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:44 am 

A little hint if you have the Sax 3 Stage leaf spring and have or going to fit a long range tank. On mine the front of the Third Stage is fitted to the lower hole and the extra piece was hitting up against the mounting plate of the fuel tank. Now this is a OL tank so others may be different, with the load I have it would hit so I had the extra piece cut off and now no problems.

Attachments:
P1070723 small.jpg
P1070723 small.jpg [ 255.43 KiB | Viewed 9067 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:18 pm 

Sax website has gone, there facebook page has disappeared, have they gone broke?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:26 pm 

Looks like they may have.....https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/b ... c427ad39a3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 pm 

Doesn't look good does it?

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 pm 

"ACN 137 233 919 PTY LTD" went into liquidation, not "Sax".

Name change took place prior.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/Regis ... xvmkgga_27

and

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchBy ... 4137233919

Hope things work out, if possible. Don't like seeing Aussie businesses going broke. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 pm 

First up new user name, some how could not get my old one "Isuzumu" up again. Anyway the Sax suspension ha now done 140K have not broken busted or have any oil leaks in the shocks. But think I will need a new system in the near future.
Thinking ARB OME, would like the BP 51s but they do not make them for the D.Max. cause of the weight we carry and also the ball weight of the van (280 Kg) may need the 600 Kg springs, but would it be to rough with a little load?
Any other suspensions I should look at? There is an ARB dealer in Kingaroy, which makes it a little easier to have them fitted.
The old Sax still feels ok but I have no idea if it is, from the 100mm lift it started with now down to 790mm height from the bottom of the wheel. It is 15mm down on the passenger side where the fridge battery and the long range fuel tank is. All advice well be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:34 am 

What's the measurement from he middle of your wheels to the guard Bruce? front and rear.

I think the problems with OME suspension are well documented on here mate but mostly sorted by now probably (all the companies had issues with the lift on the front end)....there are much better alternatives and I think the maximum lift they will do is only about 35mm or so so you'd probably be lowering it a bit too. Consider just getting new shocks and the SAX leaves reset too mate, it'll save you a fortune.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next