NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:23 am 

Tink wrote:
The key in ignition buzzer only buzzes when you leave the key in the ignition, obvious, and when the driver's door is open. Close the door and the buzzer stops.

Tink

Ah thanks, in that case I think that I can live that,.......I wasn't sure how it actually worked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 pm 

Or pull the B Trim off and cut the black wire and put in a $2.00 switch from Jaycar. Problem solved.

Attachments:
Chime delete.jpg
Chime delete.jpg [ 310.52 KiB | Viewed 3595 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 pm 

Towtug
Doesn't that stop the interior light from coming on when that door is opened?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:36 am 

I wasn't worried about that as it's a simple flick of the switch and back to normal.
But I did just go out and check and it still works either way the switch is.
The red wire still goes to earth when the door is open.
Only the drivers door has two wires red @ black the rest have one Red.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 am 

towtug
Thanks for that. They must have the additional wire only to that door for that purpose. Sneaky buggers.

Did you place the switch in the panel or free floating somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:02 am 

Nice one. That dinging does do my head in & the seat belt one but dont have the time & energy to do anything about it but love the idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:02 pm 

mydmax wrote:
towtug
Thanks for that. They must have the additional wire only to that door for that purpose. Sneaky buggers.

Did you place the switch in the panel or free floating somewhere?

If you look at the pic I included level with the seat belt mount you will see the switch. Blends in nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 pm 

H Guys,
I'm not having a go at anyone, there are enough people out there that do that sort of thing to big note themselves. Lots of people have found good solutions and this is just another method. It works for my logic and I will ramble about that at the end.

This WILL positively, but if you want selectively, disable the Seat belt Buzzer and the Key in Ignition buzzer. it takes between 15 minutes and 75 minutes depending on how complicated you make it. For me that means 80 minutes!
It does not interfere with the central locking or the head light warning, things we all want to work. its easy to get at and reach etc.

Drop the steering column down to give more room.
Grab the instrument cluster surround between finger and thumb above each main dial and pull toward you in the driver seat.
Move down and gently pull the LHS Bottom part, then the RHS bottom part to completely unclip. Disconnect the Traction control plug from the switch and remove the trim.
Remove the 3 screws that hold the instrument cluster in position.
Pull the cluster toward you and unplug it. Lift the cluster out of the way you don't need to fiddle with that.

On the plug there are three wires that are the input feeds to the instrument cluster from the three things we want to interrupt. (actually they are Earths from the cluster for technical honesty)
The plug is coded as no 1 to 40, where notched side is 1-20 and the flat side is 21-40. (for those of you figuring it out, with the bumpy side up, no 1 is the RH end, top row, 21 is the RH end bottom row, and 40 is the LH end bottom row.
No 39 is the wire for the Driver's Seal Belt and Seat Sensor. Red wire with White trace.
No 36 is the wire for the Key in ignition signal. Black wire with White trace.
No 33 is the wire for the Passenger Seat Belt and Seat sensor. Orange wire with Black trace.

Cut these wires and insulate the ends and you have done it.

Put it back together, noting to reconnect the traction control plug/wires and take care not to put the surround in wrongly . it is easy to have the trip reset button hidden inside the surround if you don't take care.

Need more complications, yes that is me. I crimped terminals on the wires and ran some light gauge wire (automotive speaker wire is fine) around and then put mini profile ON/OFF rocker switches into the plug on the LHS of the instrument surround and connected the wires there. That allows me to selectively turn the modification/feature on or off just in case it is a roadworthy issue. Your don't have to explain accessory switches to roadworthy inspectors.

The Background for my way of thinking is the beeper is board mounted in the instrument cluster, so you can't just cut it out, and if you do you lose other good things. This way you ONLY interfere with the target things, and don't interfere with any other systems either directly or indirectly (central locking). The switches are on the dash, so they are easy to access.

Good luck anyway and to the Isuzu ute Australia service people, whoever you might be, get stuffed you've damaged enough stuff on my car during its 24 month capped price service time.

Attachments:
20180213_165213.jpg
20180213_165213.jpg [ 422.76 KiB | Viewed 2354 times ]
20180213_165711.jpg
20180213_165711.jpg [ 492.5 KiB | Viewed 2354 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 am 

Thanks GT, I have disabled the key alarm from about day 2 but the seatbelt alarm has been annoying me since, will give this a go.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:35 pm 

GivenTime wrote:
H Guys,
I'm not having a go at anyone, there are enough people out there that do that sort of thing to big note themselves. Lots of people have found good solutions and this is just another method. It works for my logic and I will ramble about that at the end.

This WILL positively, but if you want selectively, disable the Seat belt Buzzer and the Key in Ignition buzzer. it takes between 15 minutes and 75 minutes depending on how complicated you make it. For me that means 80 minutes!
It does not interfere with the central locking or the head light warning, things we all want to work. its easy to get at and reach etc.

Drop the steering column down to give more room.
Grab the instrument cluster surround between finger and thumb above each main dial and pull toward you in the driver seat.
Move down and gently pull the LHS Bottom part, then the RHS bottom part to completely unclip. Disconnect the Traction control plug from the switch and remove the trim.
Remove the 3 screws that hold the instrument cluster in position.
Pull the cluster toward you and unplug it. Lift the cluster out of the way you don't need to fiddle with that.

On the plug there are three wires that are the input feeds to the instrument cluster from the three things we want to interrupt. (actually they are Earths from the cluster for technical honesty)
The plug is coded as no 1 to 40, where notched side is 1-20 and the flat side is 21-40. (for those of you figuring it out, with the bumpy side up, no 1 is the RH end, top row, 21 is the RH end bottom row, and 40 is the LH end bottom row.
No 39 is the wire for the Driver's Seal Belt and Seat Sensor. Red wire with White trace.
No 36 is the wire for the Key in ignition signal. Black wire with White trace.
No 33 is the wire for the Passenger Seat Belt and Seat sensor. Orange wire with Black trace.

Cut these wires and insulate the ends and you have done it.

Put it back together, noting to reconnect the traction control plug/wires and take care not to put the surround in wrongly . it is easy to have the trip reset button hidden inside the surround if you don't take care.

Need more complications, yes that is me. I crimped terminals on the wires and ran some light gauge wire (automotive speaker wire is fine) around and then put mini profile ON/OFF rocker switches into the plug on the LHS of the instrument surround and connected the wires there. That allows me to selectively turn the modification/feature on or off just in case it is a roadworthy issue. Your don't have to explain accessory switches to roadworthy inspectors.

The Background for my way of thinking is the beeper is board mounted in the instrument cluster, so you can't just cut it out, and if you do you lose other good things. This way you ONLY interfere with the target things, and don't interfere with any other systems either directly or indirectly (central locking). The switches are on the dash, so they are easy to access.

Good luck anyway and to the Isuzu ute Australia service people, whoever you might be, get stuffed you've damaged enough stuff on my car during its 24 month capped price service time.

Where are you located ? I hope your in Brissy so I can pop around & you can do 1 more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9