NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm 

FYI Guys,

The round black seal on one of my injector fuel lines; where it enters the rocker cover is leaking. There is quite an oil stay down the block under the inlet manifold where it leaks through.

I noticed some oil on the sump (thinking i have a dodgy rear main) and went on the hunt to discover this.

Something to keep an eye out for.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:53 pm 

Isuzu stopped replacing the rocker cover injector seals at the 40k service valve clearance adjustment (supposedly, but it's rarely done you just pay for it..) years ago now and if they leak afterwards it's your problem and they're bloody expensive too, mine did it and rather than fight a car company I was well over anyway I just cleaned them.

The rear main is also very common, get it fixed under warranty if you still have it they won't fight you on that one.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:31 pm 

The fuel injector lines don’t enter the rocker cover, it has big dia round ones to seal the injector uppers. The injector lines pass through the side of the head. I presume it is those ones which are leaking down past the inlet manifold.
Not ideal, but It may be possible to inject some Loctite plastic gasket material into the edges where the pressure tube goes through the rubber or where the rubber touches the head hole. A small syringe would be required so as to develop enough pressure to inject the plastic gasket paste through an 18 gauge needle in various places around the area. If, if, some entered the inside of the Cam chamber it will do no harm.
This, MAY, seal the rubber.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:35 pm 

mydmax wrote:
The fuel injector lines don’t enter the rocker cover, it has big dia round ones to seal the injector uppers. The injector lines pass through the side of the head. I presume it is those ones which are leaking down past the inlet manifold.
Not ideal, but It may be possible to inject some Loctite plastic gasket material into the edges where the pressure tube goes through the rubber or where the rubber touches the head hole. A small syringe would be required so as to develop enough pressure to inject the plastic gasket paste through an 18 gauge needle in various places around the area. If, if, some entered the inside of the Cam chamber it will do no harm.
This, MAY, seal the rubber.

Thats it; yes sorry mate - you are correct, its the head. Seems to be only a very small leak, and I wonder if it only does it under full load. Im going to have to do some investigation. Your suggestion re: locktite is a good one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm 

G’day Turkey2

I don’t think load or speed has anything to do with it as that pressure adapter is firmly screwed onto the injectors and don’t move.
It is possible the Cam cover is not tightened firmly and the Cam cover gasket is leaking down there. If no leak from the Cam cover parting face then that’s isn’t it.
Have a look at the exit hose from the Cam cover to inlet duct for turbo. If there is any restriction/kink then it may be developing more blowby sump pressure than it can handle. There should be no pressure in there.
Is it is possible to rotate the rubber grommet a little bit it may reseat itself. Don’t push inwards though.

Hope you solve it.
Regards
mydmax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am 

mydmax wrote:
G’day Turkey2

I don’t think load or speed has anything to do with it as that pressure adapter is firmly screwed onto the injectors and don’t move.
It is possible the Cam cover is not tightened firmly and the Cam cover gasket is leaking down there. If no leak from the Cam cover parting face then that’s isn’t it.
Have a look at the exit hose from the Cam cover to inlet duct for turbo. If there is any restriction/kink then it may be developing more blowby sump pressure than it can handle. There should be no pressure in there.
Is it is possible to rotate the rubber grommet a little bit it may reseat itself. Don’t push inwards though.

Hope you solve it.
Regards
mydmax

Breather is fine; and no oil on the rocker gasket; so its definitely the seal on the fuel line. It looks seated correctly; so im not sure ill get able to wiggle and reseat it.

I suspect its a rocker off; and fuel pipe replacement job :-(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm 

Perhaps you could cut the the centre two prongs off a fork and sharpen the outer two remaining prongs to a sharp edge. File flat across the two pins. Then bend the ends at near 80 to 90 degrees and just push the sharp pin edges into the rubber a short way and try to gently rotate the rubber sleeve. At least give it a wiggle. It may move the rubber just enough to seal, if not it is still requires the same work to solve it.