NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Re: Coolant Colour
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm 

The dealers service manager said that he would be getting to the bottom of this but I won't be holding my breath.
We all make mistakes but trying to say, that the coolant and colour are from the bottle I supplied is bull.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 pm 

I totally agree with your anger and being lied too. I too would be pretty upset and be demanding answers.

My point was, don’t panic too much about any harm being done to your coolant system and rushing out and paying to get it flushed. The “green” coolant may be suitable. Ask to see the specs of the green coolant they used by “mistake”.

Tink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm 

Hi Guys, just to let you know I rang the dealer today, to see if they had found out, what went wrong, on my coolant change and was told that they cannot use the video footage, they have in their workshop.
To find out who the person was who worked on my car.
Because it's only there for OH&S not for spying on their employees.
After that I rang IUA and spoke to them about this and they told me that the dealer in question is no longer an Isuzu dealer.
So check your coolant after your car gets a service.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:09 pm 

The dealer knows who worked on your vehicle without any video footage. All jobcard items completed are filled out by the dud who did the work. If there was a major failure, he would cop it in the neck from the dealer principle very quickly. So, any excuse about they don't know who he is is absolute BS of the highest order and lying to you in the process.

The date, the time, the vehicle reg (always on job card) and work done and parts or comnsumable booked out to your vehicle are all recorded by the mechanic thing. An audit of the shop would reveal who in a matter of minutes if not seconds with computers records. No video required.

If they aren't an Isuzu dealer anymore, I wonder why?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:24 pm 

I took mine to a radiator mob and had them flush and change to the blue coolant and had them supply an invoice with the cars K's etc on it to maintain the so called warranty service conditions just in case. I stood there whilst they did it too.
NO dealership will have the correct equipment to properly flush your system and this is very important as the two coolants do not get along with each other at all...If I were you I would get it flushed asap because there is almost no chance in this country they have used a green coolant that is an OAT GM6277M.

For anyone doing this DO NOT let a dealership do this you must have the entire system including the heater and coolant reservoir (often overlooked) flushed correctly and a dealership simply will not do this as part of a service, take it to a reputable radiator mob and have them do it for you. However I had to take mine to 3 different well known radiator places before I found someone who understood the dangers of mixing types of coolant which is bloody frightening..

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm 

In my case I will just stop banging my head against the proverbial brick wall, and get the whole system flushed again.
I thought I had all my bases covered by supplying the coolant that was already in the system.
As I was sure that I would never get distilled water put back in at least the coolant would be the same kind.
But that was not the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm 

I like brick walls, the feeling when you stop is soooo satisfying.
Unfortunately you had to deal with an Australian Human, most of whom are poorly skilled in the trade they shouldn't be in. That combined with work harder pressures from the boss, a lack of care, incompetence and affected by ingested/injected substances means many of them are unfit for the work they do.

They do work on peoples vehicles and fix brakes and other saftey items too. Scarey isn't it?