NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm 

Should I be buying the Caltex Delo 400 LE 15w 40
or
Just the Caltex Delo 400 15w 40 for doing oil changes on my 2015 Dmax and 2016 Mux?

Do I just get filters from Repco ?

And is there anything else needed ?

Thanks . MaxiMux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 pm 

Maximux
The Caltex LE is a low ash oil and will not cause as much intake black goo deposition in the intake manifold and also will run the Cat converter and DPF, Isuzu call it DPD, exhaust particulate filter much cleaner.
Any black in the oil all comes from the carbon passing downward from combustion chamber.
If the oil seals the rings better, then less black into oil. Caltex is quite good.
I now use Mobil 1 full synthetic Diesel oil. While it is quite expensive I don't have to change it as often, and at 16,000km the oil is far cleaner than Caltex Delo and or Mobil Delvac 15W40 esp ever was able to achieve at 10,000km. Less blowby oil means less being ingested into the turbo as fumes and burnt in cylinders too and less particulates into the EGR and intake manifold.
I generally use Sakura filters as they seem to be made with the same machines as the OE Isuzu filters. Remarkably similar stampings.

I haven't looked for a new model, mine 201, large filter, which has a change interval of 20,000km. Perhaps investigating if the use of a larger filter capacity filter, like the earlier ones, could be overall cheaper and more effective in life and filtering too. Have to check the room for fitting a longer filter though. As long as the filter has the same function and features, ie, internal flow relief valve etc, all would be good. All depends on the position of the filter, re draining and needing long run time before filling at each startup. Small OE better there if startup filling causes lag time in oil pressure build up. Just a suggestion.

mydmax