NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 pm 

But increasing complexity doesn't help.

In my youth I rebuilt motors of 1956 Royal Enfield, 1968 BSA, Morrie thou, and removed & replaced motors, axles, etc of Austin A40, Vauxhall Viva. They were all fairly simple & accessible & robust. I wouldn't dream of trying anything similar with my current D-Max. All sorts of super hi-tech gotchas and unknown traps waiting for me.

Even in the CFS, attending an accident, basically don't, cos an airbag will blow up and kill you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 am 

Garrytre
An airbag only fires to a maximum size IF activated and if the battery neg is cut/off they cannot go off, so very safe really. Much of the hesitation is because of talk instilling fear and unsurety. Nearly everything might have an electronic connection but immediately past that it is a mechanical device. Apart from sensors on cams etc, the technology is much the same, except for CRD systems. They too are mechanical controlled by electronic pulses but dangerous pressures in some areas.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:06 pm 

Gidday Earthman, I have bought a hard copy of the haynes colorado/D-max repair manual, seems pretty helpful to me , Its comprehensive enough for me , it does cover pulling down the 4JJ1 engine but Im pretty unlikely to want to go there,(but i did do a full rebuild on my 138 greymotor from the old FC under a tree on a big lap in 1981) but it does point out all the sensors littered all over the engine, i now can find the Boost sensor,EGT sensor, Air flow and temp sensor etc etc, all the fault codes are listed so when it goes to limp mode, the scan gauge can do the cancel magic and I will be able to find the "throttle control motor and sensor. plus of course all the usual, brakes , gearbox ,electrical drawings etc.
Im a boatbuilder by trade but do enjoy fixing and servicing my vehicles and have done for the past 40 or so years , but because I do only occasionally have to get under the bonnet the repair manual is a great confidence boost. It cost $60 to land at my door but Im more than happy to have spent the cash.
Cheers
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:00 am 

Many thanks Bob, I'll be looking at getting one now.