NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 pm 

I had the Snake Racing economy lift kit ready & waiting to go in. This was just a simple 35mm front strut spacer & extended shackles for the rear. The Snake Racing shackles are much stronger than any of the rubbish you can find on eBay, made with 10mm plate & heavily reinforced in the middle it was a clear choice. The guys that did the wheel alignment had actually seen a handful of the eBay shackles bend & warp plus plenty of the front strut spacers pulling through the studs off the threads. They also mentioned that many of the balljoint spacers can foul on the strut or spring itself under full droop which is something to think about in the future. So in the end paying a little more for something well built seemed worth it. This is just an interim lift kit until I figure out a better long term solution. We did change the standard rear shocks as I found the ride pretty horrendous on the M1 but also to take full advantage of the shackles & the increased rear articulation I needed a longer travel shock.

After measuring full drop with both shocks out we found a Bilstein set that matched up length wise perfectly.

Final results, were 65mm lift in the front & 55mm for the rear (LS-U/T are softer in rear spring rate which has seen a slight droop after 3500km's but thats also factoring in ARB RSTB & XROX Sliders)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:00 pm 

Nice mods. Weel done.

The 2012 onwards autos have always had a one piece tail shaft. The manuals have a two piece.

Tink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:47 pm 

Looks nice mate, with a lift like that you'll have to change the upper arms to get the wheel alignment correct, mines 50mm up and you can see the negative camber that'll chew the inside of your tyres out and there's no adjustment left, I have to get mine back to factory to pass a GVM upgrade and over 50mm all up lift, still trying to figure that out..

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 pm 

Nice truck I bought mine from Cameron at Brisbane Isuzu as well dam nice bloke and the service was outstanding it was a real pleasure to pick up my LSU just before Xmas 2014 . Matt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 pm 

Danno wrote:
Looks nice mate, with a lift like that you'll have to change the upper arms to get the wheel alignment correct, mines 50mm up and you can see the negative camber that'll chew the inside of your tyres out and there's no adjustment left, I have to get mine back to factory to pass a GVM upgrade and over 50mm all up lift, still trying to figure that out..

From memory they managed to even out the front camber to about -0.8 which is fine by me. Now its got a much better turn in, doesn't feel vague mid corner & steering feel is more direct. Plus they way the car goes into positive under bump with its camber curve means having a little bit of neg is fine. Worse case, rotate the tyres but for me I do that every 10k anyways.

Last edited by MAT713 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am 

Hi
Great looking ute mate,
What's the part number for the Bilstein shocks please.

Cheers
Ross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 pm 

Just remember your ute is now illegal...god help you if you have a prang.

65 up front is a far bit; might want to snag some FWH (search AVM on here) to at least save on CV wear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm 

Great looking build Mat. I like what you have done with the plugs and lights on all that spare area on the black plate that comes with the ARB rear step. Rock sliders look good and provide better exit entry clearance than the ARB steps, which I have. I find I always rub the back of my legs on the ARB steps, but I guess they are steps in the 1st instance.

The catch can is also a great looking product. Love the dip stick on top. How hard is it to remove the can from where it is installed to drain the oil?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:26 pm 

Tink wrote:
The 2012 onwards autos have always had a one piece tail shaft. The manuals have a two piece.
Tink

Ahh, it all makes sense now! Slowly learning about these things!

Mat01 wrote:
Nice truck I bought mine from Cameron at Brisbane Isuzu as well dam nice bloke and the service was outstanding it was a real pleasure to pick up my LSU just before Xmas 2014 . Matt

Cam is an awesome bloke a real non nonsense, straight up guy! Would certainly recommend anyone from Brisbane / Gold Coast go see him!

ARROW wrote:
Hi
What's the part number for the Bilstein shocks please.

Ross

So the shock was actually meant for a 2" lifted D40, I think we had to change the lower bush to suit DMAX

Turkey wrote:
Just remember your ute is now illegal...god help you if you have a prang.
65 up front is a far bit; might want to snag some FWH (search AVM on here) to at least save on CV wear

Yeah I know, I did plastidip the shackles satin black before they went in & with the ARB RSTB you can not seem them all *touch wood*

I was surprised with 65mm! Got a pair sitting at my folks place in QLD, gonna get them sent down shortly & pop them in.

Dopomax wrote:
Great looking build Mat. I like what you have done with the plugs and lights on all that spare area on the black plate that comes with the ARB rear step. Rock sliders look good and provide better exit entry clearance than the ARB steps, which I have. I find I always rub the back of my legs on the ARB steps, but I guess they are steps in the 1st instance.

The catch can is also a great looking product. Love the dip stick on top. How hard is it to remove the can from where it is installed to drain the oil?

Cheers! In hindsight it was a pain in the arse job. Fairly time consuming with all the measuring to make sure it all lined up & looked neat.

Super easy, the catch can is actually two parts so you just unscrew the entire bottom half while the top half stays in place all bolted up.

Might make more sense if you watch their video VS my explanation!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2CuFVO3E4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:46 am 

Thank you for the pic

Ross

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next