NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours


We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 109
Location: Brisbane
I had the Snake Racing economy lift kit ready & waiting to go in. This was just a simple 35mm front strut spacer & extended shackles for the rear. The Snake Racing shackles are much stronger than any of the rubbish you can find on eBay, made with 10mm plate & heavily reinforced in the middle it was a clear choice. The guys that did the wheel alignment had actually seen a handful of the eBay shackles bend & warp plus plenty of the front strut spacers pulling through the studs off the threads. They also mentioned that many of the balljoint spacers can foul on the strut or spring itself under full droop which is something to think about in the future. So in the end paying a little more for something well built seemed worth it. This is just an interim lift kit until I figure out a better long term solution. We did change the standard rear shocks as I found the ride pretty horrendous on the M1 but also to take full advantage of the shackles & the increased rear articulation I needed a longer travel shock.

After measuring full drop with both shocks out we found a Bilstein set that matched up length wise perfectly.

Image

Image

Image

Final results, were 65mm lift in the front & 55mm for the rear (LS-U/T are softer in rear spring rate which has seen a slight droop after 3500km's but thats also factoring in ARB RSTB & XROX Sliders)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 1942
Location: Darling Downs. Qld
Nice mods. Weel done.

The 2012 onwards autos have always had a one piece tail shaft. The manuals have a two piece.

Tink


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Darwin... sort of.
Looks nice mate, with a lift like that you'll have to change the upper arms to get the wheel alignment correct, mines 50mm up and you can see the negative camber that'll chew the inside of your tyres out and there's no adjustment left, I have to get mine back to factory to pass a GVM upgrade and over 50mm all up lift, still trying to figure that out..

_________________
Cheers
Dan
Moderator
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:23 pm
Posts: 100
Nice truck I bought mine from Cameron at Brisbane Isuzu as well dam nice bloke and the service was outstanding it was a real pleasure to pick up my LSU just before Xmas 2014 . Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 109
Location: Brisbane
Danno wrote:
Looks nice mate, with a lift like that you'll have to change the upper arms to get the wheel alignment correct, mines 50mm up and you can see the negative camber that'll chew the inside of your tyres out and there's no adjustment left, I have to get mine back to factory to pass a GVM upgrade and over 50mm all up lift, still trying to figure that out..

From memory they managed to even out the front camber to about -0.8 which is fine by me. Now its got a much better turn in, doesn't feel vague mid corner & steering feel is more direct. Plus they way the car goes into positive under bump with its camber curve means having a little bit of neg is fine. Worse case, rotate the tyres but for me I do that every 10k anyways.


Last edited by MAT713 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:59 am
Posts: 82
Location: Sydney
Hi
Great looking ute mate,
What's the part number for the Bilstein shocks please.

Cheers
Ross


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 622
Location: Canberra
Just remember your ute is now illegal...god help you if you have a prang.

65 up front is a far bit; might want to snag some FWH (search AVM on here) to at least save on CV wear

_________________
LSM MY15 Auto DC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:45 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Toowoomba
Great looking build Mat. I like what you have done with the plugs and lights on all that spare area on the black plate that comes with the ARB rear step. Rock sliders look good and provide better exit entry clearance than the ARB steps, which I have. I find I always rub the back of my legs on the ARB steps, but I guess they are steps in the 1st instance.

The catch can is also a great looking product. Love the dip stick on top. How hard is it to remove the can from where it is installed to drain the oil?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 109
Location: Brisbane
Tink wrote:
The 2012 onwards autos have always had a one piece tail shaft. The manuals have a two piece.
Tink

Ahh, it all makes sense now! Slowly learning about these things!

Mat01 wrote:
Nice truck I bought mine from Cameron at Brisbane Isuzu as well dam nice bloke and the service was outstanding it was a real pleasure to pick up my LSU just before Xmas 2014 . Matt

Cam is an awesome bloke a real non nonsense, straight up guy! Would certainly recommend anyone from Brisbane / Gold Coast go see him!

ARROW wrote:
Hi
What's the part number for the Bilstein shocks please.

Ross

So the shock was actually meant for a 2" lifted D40, I think we had to change the lower bush to suit DMAX
Image

Turkey wrote:
Just remember your ute is now illegal...god help you if you have a prang.
65 up front is a far bit; might want to snag some FWH (search AVM on here) to at least save on CV wear

Yeah I know, I did plastidip the shackles satin black before they went in & with the ARB RSTB you can not seem them all *touch wood*

I was surprised with 65mm! Got a pair sitting at my folks place in QLD, gonna get them sent down shortly & pop them in.

Dopomax wrote:
Great looking build Mat. I like what you have done with the plugs and lights on all that spare area on the black plate that comes with the ARB rear step. Rock sliders look good and provide better exit entry clearance than the ARB steps, which I have. I find I always rub the back of my legs on the ARB steps, but I guess they are steps in the 1st instance.

The catch can is also a great looking product. Love the dip stick on top. How hard is it to remove the can from where it is installed to drain the oil?

Cheers! In hindsight it was a pain in the arse job. Fairly time consuming with all the measuring to make sure it all lined up & looked neat.

Super easy, the catch can is actually two parts so you just unscrew the entire bottom half while the top half stays in place all bolted up.

Might make more sense if you watch their video VS my explanation!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2CuFVO3E4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MAT713's D-MAX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:59 am
Posts: 82
Location: Sydney
Thank you for the pic

Ross


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group