NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:08 pm 

Silver,
If it was the first time they fitted to that style of Dmax I would think they would have dropped the roof lining to pre-check and know what they were dealing with.
Rhino sell a good product and having people burn holes in there airbags after using their instructions to fit wouldn't be good for business.
I think you would be unlucky but would definitely check if your dropping the lining anyways. The drill bit itself prob wouldn't hit the bags unless you were really reckless but I'm not sure if hot filings would be enough to melt the airbags?

My biggest worry was that the channel being the lowest point of the roof would get the greatest flow of water into it and if one of those front left holes leaked the water trail would go down the pillar to the passenger front footwell which houses the computer. Once that thought entered my mind I wasn't going to risk it.

Having said that Rhino sell millions of these gutter track designs so it must be effective.

I installed a Rhino track setup on the canvas canopy the other day and used the new RLT600 legs, which are amazing if you want to remove the crossbars quickly.

2015 SXauto trayback cage and canvas canopy, ARB deluxe bar, Safari snorkel, Ironman steps, Outback access roof console, 105AH AGM, Projector dual batt monitor, 60L under tray water tank, 55w HIDs, Uniden UHF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:13 pm 

Silver here is a link to the Rhino instructions for installing track to your vehicle.

Just to give you a better idea of what they did

http://vpm.cdn.rhinorack.com.au/Instruc ... RTS528.pdf

2015 SXauto trayback cage and canvas canopy, ARB deluxe bar, Safari snorkel, Ironman steps, Outback access roof console, 105AH AGM, Projector dual batt monitor, 60L under tray water tank, 55w HIDs, Uniden UHF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 am 

Thanks. That looks like it is OK. I suppose it's no different in the approach to thousands they have already done. I think I have the RLT600 set up. Vortex bars and alloy tray that can take a spare wheel and 2 jerry cans.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs