NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:50 pm 

How unusual for a car dealer to tell lies, yes your trucks up the back, yes your truck is on a truck for delivery today, sorry tomorrow, sorry Monday, well MY Truck actually turned up yesterday arvo, Wednesday well over a week late, not over a week ago as promised. Oh well we are making tiny steps to get this truck home, much later than promised :roll: looks like next Tuesday now.

The Truck is a white LSM with no goodies attached, i was asked today why didn't i get any dealer supplied, i said overpriced and with 4% stamp duty attached and you don't have anything i want :lol:

A small list of things for now.

1: Ironman Commercial deluxe bar and a Runva 13XP winch installed

2: MCC Rocker Rear Bar: installed

3: Ironman side steps installed

4: SMM V2 Steel canopy Installed
I am now looking at the suspension, after i have put a few 1000K's on the stock setup and taken alot of notes and worked out what i really want, 2" lift for starters and some steel rims.
At the moment i am looking at the Ironman foamcell Pro shocks.

Popped the lid to see how much room i have for accessory's, not much, so the dual battery setup will go in the tub

More when finances permit :?

Last edited by tonedmax on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 pm 

A blank canvas - lovely!

Look forward to the build!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:37 pm 

Aussie wrote:
A blank canvas - lovely!

Look forward to the build!

Thanks Aussie, it is after all only money :lol:

The truck is being built up as a long distance tourer, deserts etc, hauling a caravan, and going alot of places it maybe shouldn't, pretty much the same as every car i have owned.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:07 pm 

Hey mate they have dual battery trays on ebay where the second battery goes behind the master gotta relocate a few hoses but all over relatively easy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 pm 

Paul-max wrote:
Hey mate they have dual battery trays on ebay where the second battery goes behind the master gotta relocate a few hoses but all over relatively easy

Hi mate

i am hearing that only a small battery will fit, it didnt look like there was much room when i had a quick look. I should have the car home by the end of the week and will be able to do some more poking around then.

I went to MCC today and had a look at the rocker bars, front and rear and the winch, i hope to get the front Rocker bar and the winch on before Xmas, will see how i am traveling, i may go the 11xp12V Dyeema Black winch $825.

I also went to TJM they have a sale on right now 19th Nov 2016 until xmas, that may suit if someone is looking at their products.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:20 am 

tonedmax wrote:
Paul-max wrote:

i am hearing that only a small battery will fit, it didnt look like there was much room when i had a quick look.

You are right that only a small battery will fit with the under bonnet second battery trays (ie: TJM tray). The usual recommendation is an Optima Yellow top (55ah). Of course you could do as some others have and use the smaller Optima as the start battery (will need to extend the factory cables to reach), and put an N70 sized battery in place of the original starter as your aux battery.

John

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:07 pm 

johnhu wrote:
tonedmax wrote:
Paul-max wrote:

i am hearing that only a small battery will fit, it didnt look like there was much room when i had a quick look.

You are right that only a small battery will fit with the under bonnet second battery trays (ie: TJM tray). The usual recommendation is an Optima Yellow top (55ah). Of course you could do as some others have and use the smaller Optima as the start battery (will need to extend the factory cables to reach), and put an N70 sized battery in place of the original starter as your aux battery.

John

Yeah mate all good info, i have wired up a few batteries in my day, leaning more toward 2 in the tub, one of those being portable, an ARKPAK or the likes, for when i am camping remote, which i do alot.

I haven't really even thought that far ahead at the moment, still wrestling the dealer, he has my money i have no car :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:50 am 

I now have my car, i have driven a whole 30klm, so i cant make too many judgments at the moment.

A little bit noisier than i expected, but hey i drive trucks and those things can kill the ears, so i shouldn't complain about that. Cornering has a little bit of under steer, but once i get the suspension sorted down the track and some weight on the truck it shouldn't happen, my old Subaru had some of the worst under steer on stock tyres, but tracks like its on rails after some mods.

Overall very happy, i just need to spend some $$$ on mods now, front bar and winch going on first, in hopefully a few weeks.

Last edited by tonedmax on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:07 pm 

1st up some Bushranger Mud Tamer rubber mats, i spotted them as i walked into ARB and quickly out again, thought i would have a pair, i usually have a lot of mud on my boots, main reason i got a car without carpet, i destroy carpet pretty quick.

Last edited by tonedmax on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:16 pm 

Havent been able to log on for a while, but it seems to be working now.

Some bits and pieces i have added while waiting on bullbars etc
Added a dash mat, seeing how hot the black plastic dash got last weekend on a trip to Kilcunda, this might deflect a little heat.

The sensitivity of the key pad was driving me nuts, i couldn't even put the key in my pocket without hearing the door open and lock, it looks like i have fixed that minor problem with some silicone key covers, havent had a problem since.

Also i couldn't play the music on my flash drives (just put a normal USB port please Isuzu) so i bought this cable off the net, you can get them cheaper but i wanted this straight away, it will do for now as a quick fix.

I installed headlamp and bonnet protectors on the weekend.

this might get very expensive very soon :D

Last edited by tonedmax on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.