NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Re: Explora4WD D-max
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 pm 

I've been thinking through the core design some more, and have decided to give up my gull-wing/tapered sides and just go full square. I lose some visual appeal and - marginally - increase drag, but I gain a few important things:

1. The rear is now square, this will be a full door and the yet-to-be-designed kitchen has been moved in here.
  2. Flat doors won't raise up as high when opened, so hopefully less fouling to workaround with the awning when it's out.
  3. I get more space on the roof. The RTT is only 1460mm wide, so there's an extra ~500mm of roof space to play with. Part of that could be a custom box with the same depth as the RTT, add some internal dividers and you've got a wardrobe accessible straight from the RTT! Might even mount the gas bottle(s) up here, and additional solar panels (will fit as much solar on the roof as I can fit).

Travelander units are 2000mm wide, so I'll just copy that. This means the rear door will be wider that the side doors, making it easier to create a more usable kitchen.

Not sure what the door arrangement on the driver's side will be. At best it'll need to be a split door so you can climb up to the RTT without completely shutting that side. I might even build a ladder into the side of the canopy.