NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 pm 

Hey guys,

Thought it was about time to put up some pictures of my Dmax,

Since I got it I've got SupaFit canvas seat covers, dash mat, floor mats.

Then I got a Bedrug liner, that thing is absolutely awesome, I love it, comfortable, stops things sliding around, doesn't mind getting wet, and I can rip it out every now and then if I worry about the tub floor.

I got the dealer to throw on a black sports bar and a soft tonneau when it got it's 3000km "service".
I've just recently got it back from having new wheels, tyres and rock sliders fitted.

Tyres are 265/75r16 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's, wheels are King 16x8 and the sliders are xrox.

Very very happy with the car so far, and now I have some big decisions in what's next. next step will be a bull bar and rear bar.

Cheers guys.

Cory

Attachments:
20140118_143131.JPG
20140118_143131.JPG [ 125.14 KiB | Viewed 7636 times ]
20140118_143206.JPG
20140118_143206.JPG [ 148.28 KiB | Viewed 7636 times ]
20140118_143126.JPG
20140118_143126.JPG [ 138.84 KiB | Viewed 7636 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:29 pm 

Starting to come together for you melloncollie.

Are rock sliders better than side steps do you think? Where did you get your rocksliders from?

Pud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 pm 

Definitely a lot more protection than a lot of steps i've seen.
They're better for me, I didn't see a need for steps, but needed the protection, and to be honest, I preferred the look of the sliders.
Got them from Opposite Lock in Jandakot. They did a great job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 pm 

looks great, any tyre rubbing at full lock?

i went with the factory steps on my lsm, offers no protection to the sills. only protects the rear quarter panels from stone chips as i do a fair bit of gravel driving but helps the little people and old people get in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:09 am 

No rubbing, that I've encountered so far anyway, OL said under more extreme off road conditions they might just scrub the front mudflaps, so I'll have to wait and see on that one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:19 am 

Ute looks good Melloncollie. I like the look of your rock sliders. I need some sort of side steps to protect the paint on the tub wheel-arches. On gravel roads rocks are thrown up onto the paintwork and cause considerable damage. Looking at your photos the sliders do not appear to be wide enough to stop this. Alloy side steps don't do anything for me, they bend easily and compromise ramp over clearance. So I will go and check out Opposite Lock in Balcatta.
Regards
Scooby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 am 

Scooby wrote:
Ute looks good Melloncollie. I like the look of your rock sliders. I need some sort of side steps to protect the paint on the tub wheel-arches. On gravel roads rocks are thrown up onto the paintwork and cause considerable damage. Looking at your photos the sliders do not appear to be wide enough to stop this. Alloy side steps don't do anything for me, they bend easily and compromise ramp over clearance. So I will go and check out Opposite Lock in Balcatta.
Regards
Scooby

My ARB protection steps seem to stop the rocks and appear to offer reasonable protection for the sills.

Tink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 pm 

Thanks Tink.
Are your steps steel or aluminium and are they the type that are connected to the bullbar? I have a factory alloy bar so they can't be connected to the side steps easily.
Regards
Scooby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:53 pm 

melloncollie wrote:
Definitely a lot more protection than a lot of steps i've seen.
They're better for me, I didn't see a need for steps, but needed the protection, and to be honest, I preferred the look of the sliders.
Got them from Opposite Lock in Jandakot. They did a great job.

Thanks for that. I might pay OL in Jandakot a visit seeing as how I'm not far away.

Pud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 am 

Scooby wrote:
Thanks Tink.
Are your steps steel or aluminium and are they the type that are connected to the bullbar? I have a factory alloy bar so they can't be connected to the side steps easily.
Regards
Scooby

Steel tubes with aluminium checker plate on top. Attached to chassis at three places. You have the option of using them with brush bars or not. I don't have the brush bars.

Tink