NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 am 

Edit: Vehicle mods so far as follows:
2014 Isuzu D-Max LS-U, dual cab in mineral grey with
- factory tow bar
- Isuzu headlight protectors
- Isuzu canvas seat covers
- colour coded ARB Deluxe bull bar
- colour coded ARB canopy with lift up side windows
- ARB aluminium canopy rack
- Safari snorkel
- Lightforce XGT 50 Watt HID driving lights
- Duravision 220mm LED light bar
- Rigid Industries Dually LED work lights on left and right sides
- twin Narva compact LED worklights facing rearwards
- Redarc TowPro electric brake controller
- Redarc SBI12 dual battery controller
- Icom IC440N UHF Radio
- Dual 1kg dry chem fire extinguishers, one in front of front passenger seat, other in canopy
- custom auto electrics fit out for touring
- custom rear drawers (in progress)
- Engel MT60 fridge
- Engel 90W roll up solar panel
- Projecta 600W 240V invertor
- Dolium 55L water tank
- ARB air compressor
- Kaymar high lift jack/ shovel holder
- ARB touring awning

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May be a bit premature here, but have just ordered the Isuzu D-Max LS-U dual cab in mineral gray metallic. Went for a manual, but there was some heavy temptation there for an auto... took both for a test drive and it was a near thing, went manual because its cheaper (tight-arse!), and i prefer a little more input into my driving. Also, all the four wheel driving i've done uses manual recovery techniques, and with our intention to get a camper trailer in a couple of years time it suits our preferences better...

Vehicle's been ordered with the factory tow bar, bonnet protector, headlight protectors and canvas front seat covers, and ordered an ARB bullbar, ARB canopy and Safari snorkel through the dealer. Bullbar and snorkel will be fitted by ARB and double checked by me, but will be doing the canopy myself.

Will be adding Lightforce XGT halogen driving lights, an Icom UH440N UHF radio paired with a GME AE4705 antenna, dual battery system and a few other bits from my 2003 Hilux which was recently written off after colliding with a horse on the Stuart Highway near Pine Creek.

Future mods are going to be extensive to accommodate the lifestyle myself and my family have (camping, fishing, bow hunting etc with two boys, aged two and four) but I'll keep this thread updated as things progress. I'm anticipating doing most of the work myself where possible to keep costs down and to appease my anal retentive side, but as Danno has mentioned before living in Darwin we get hit with the Darwin tax and everything is on NT time... not today, not tomorrow, not tuesdays or thursdays... you get the idea!

My build thread - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=712

Last edited by Myst on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 am 

Congrats. Good colour choice but hey, I'm biased. Enjoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 am 

hehe, thanks mate...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 am 

woohoo, its here earlier than expected! Dealer is fitting accessories as we speak, and just trying to organise bank cheques etc... happy days!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 am 

the driveway looked a little fuller last night, picked up the LS-U last night and couldn't be happier at this point. Dealer installed the tow bar, headlight protectors and the worlds largest bonnet protector for me, just have to drop in the rubber floor mats and wait for my canvas seat covers to arrive now.

L.O.V.E driving that car... so smooth and quiet compared to my old Hilux, which in its defence had driven 190,000 very hard kilometres!

Got some mods in the works already. Car goes in to ARB in a couple of weeks when i'm off to Canberra for a week for work. Having the Combo winch bar, a Magnum 10K winch, safari snorkel fitted and will pick up the canopy when i collect the car to fit myself.

Have also been looking online at some more gear to order - Lightforce XGT240's, Redarc TowPro, dual sensing RedArc SBI12 (ditched the BCDC1225 idea) and an Icom IC440N UHF radio. Any suggestions on good providers gratefully received.

We are setting up the ute for long range touring and camping, and we'll be getting a Trackabout camper to that end when finances allow. Having two boys (ages 2.5 and 4) storage space is at a premium, so it wont be long before a roof rack is added. Add to that a LRA long range tank (thanks for the heads up Danno, ARB will be fitting that one and I'll be checking/ padding after the hard work is done); left, right and rear facing LED worklights (do a lot of remote area work as a freelance photographer so they come in handy) and drawers in the back I'll be busy on the tools for a while yet! I'm hoping to get most of the work done during wet season so the utes ready to go next dry...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I looked at the ARB bar and could not believe how far they stick out compared to other options so went with a Dobinsons bar
and put my 13000lb winch into that fitted with rope.

Just way to much overhang imho, it was as if ARB designed it on a Friday arvo while having a few (to many) beers ... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 am 

agree Simon, loads of overhang on the ARB bars, but big fan of how sturdy they are after my last animal strike... can we post youtube links here? makes for interesting footage... dashcam made the insurance claim process pretty easy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:53 am 

so both the horse and hilux were written off?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:21 am 

sucksqueezebangblow wrote:
so both the horse and hilux were written off?

very much so mate. Shunted the radiator back through the fan and damaged the engine, bullbar flexed back enough to leave a perfect imprint of it the width of the bonnet, damaged every panel along the front and right side, and a funny stain on the drivers seat.

Heres the link - note, if you love horses, dont watch it - not particularly graphic, but still unpleasant..

http://youtu.be/seRC82EFnPA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 pm 

This is Myst's build thread guys, so we'll leave this on topic and continue it here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=392&start=40 I am interested in those measurements Tink because I think ssbb is right, it's mainly the design, and even the ARB blokes up here don't like it.

Cheers.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next