NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 pm 

That's a nice looking custom design. Good job.

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:26 pm 

They look good myst.. gives me inspiration to design and build a set for mine...... one day haha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:29 pm 

thanks guys, apprecaite the kind words. Has taken longer than anticipated, but seem to be getting on top of it now!!

My build thread - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=712

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:18 pm 

Progress is slow!

Canopy power sockets and led light strips in. Have two 12v sockets and one twin usb socket. Running twin white lights and a single red led strip for night photography and hunting to preserve night vision

Power board

Rear showing the wiring

In situ in the rear left corner of the canopy

White LED strips silaconed to the canopy above the windoors

Red led strip above rear door

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 am 

Been a while since the last update. The draws are finally permanently mounted in the tray, and the dual battery system is fitted and functioning properly! Water tank is plumbed in and powered up – its great being able to wash the sand off the kids and dog before they get in the car at the beach!

Also got the aux power sockets and USB socket in the rear wired up, the canopy LED lights are all fitted and working after a couple of issues with the double sided tape originally used to mount them – apparently the tape doesn’t like tropical environments and isn’t ‘sticky’ after all! Rectified with a thin bead of marine silicone down the back of the strip light, wont be coming off in a hurry now!

Also got the LED work lights all working, the two Rigid Industries Dually LED lights at the side lights up the night to about 30 metres, while the two micro LED work lights facing rearwards are a little less grunty but make reversing at night a little safer with solid illumination out to about 15 metres.

Got a trip to Kakadu coming up over Easter, so I’m hoping to get the dual battery monitor (Projecta DBM100) and electric brake controller both fitted, then work on getting some aux power sockets and a flashlight charger for my Streamlight Strion LED torch fitted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:47 am 

Busy weekend, but got the dual battery monitor in, and nearly finished installing the RedArc Tow Pro.

Pulled the plug at the back of the switch blank near the electric mirror controls - this blank has a plug at the rear which has earth, accessory positive feed, lights, and two other wires so i took the three i needed (earth, power and lights) to expedite the install on the monitor.

In order to make a neater install, i took the plug apart and pulled the wires from the plug, then soldered the wires for the monitor into the ones i needed and rebuilt the plug. Looks neat and made for a quick job.

The plug with monitor wires soldered back in

The monitor in its new home. Also moved the turbo timer where my knee wasnt bashing it!

Did the same with the plug for the brakes so i would be able to solder in a feed wire from the brake output side of the switch to the brake input side of the TowPro.
This is the plug in situ

Close up of the plug with the retainer clip removed - just prise it open with a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the wires

The brake output wire removed - its the red wire with a silver band

5A tag wire soldered to the terminal. Theres a waterproof connector the other side of the tag wire.

All back together and neat as a button

ready to re-install

bracket for mounting to TwoPro - this is bolted to one of the 8mm studs under the dash where its up out of the way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:40 pm 

Hey myst, off track but do you put your dog in the tray on your drawers? If so how do you stop the drawers getting the dreaded wet dog smell? Something im trying to consider before buying/building some drawers...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:28 pm 

bravoboy300 wrote:
Hey myst, off track but do you put your dog in the tray on your drawers? If so how do you stop the drawers getting the dreaded wet dog smell? Something im trying to consider before buying/building some drawers...

Hi mate, on occasion, yes. Normally drop a small rubber backed picnic blanket down to protect the carpet. About ten bucks from Bunnings and no wet hound smell in the back. That said, my 6 yo son dropped a bag of pillies in the back without telling me after a fishing trip. Opened the canopy about a week later and nearly keeled over. I think it was only the swarming flies that propped me up! A week of tropical heat on the canopy and the pilchards had developed a pretty strong bouquet!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:44 pm 

Been a while since i've updated, or done work to the car for that matter! Just had the battery die on me at 30,000km and 22 months of age. Seems our cold spell here in Darwin did it in!!

14 overnight is cold!

Replaced with an Exide Endurance in N70ZZL, bit more capacity and 2 years warranty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:16 pm 

Been a while since the last update - log in issues have seen me having to create a new log-in (Donn, did you ever get my message?!).

I've added a set of Yakima Lock'nLoad roof racks over the cab of the ute, with an 80W Redarc solar panel feeding charge to the aux battery in the tray. Pretty happy with that part of the set-up, keeps the Engel 60L running all day without running the battery down at all.

Have had some issues with the Dobinson shocks too in the last 12 months. The standard shocks were replaced with the Dobinson Twin Tube shocks all round at 32,000km. At 42,000km the front shocks both failed, so the decision to upgrade to the remote canister MRR shocks was made.

Had the MRR's in the front for 5,500km when the brackets holding the canisters both sides failed on the Savannah Way headed to Lorella Springs Station. As a result the canisters had been dragged along the road for a while before stopping to see why so much gravel was getting flicked up.

The issue was identified as a weak spot in the material the bracket was made from - two holes drilled across the top of the bracket set up a fracture line as the bracket vibrated. This resulted in metal fatigue and bracket failure.

We were unable to repair the brackets in the field so we zip tied both canisters up under the bash plate, where they stayed for the duration of the trip.

A couple of phone calls after returning home and Dobinsons very kindly offered to replace the brackets for me. A couple more robust conversations i ended up telling them i wanted the entire shock assembly replaced, and that is (eventually) what happened. They sent up a new prototype bracket to try which is a lot stronger and mounts directly to the top of the strut tower - no vibrating parts at all. Seems to have rectified the issue (touch wood).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next