NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 pm 

sucksqueezebangblow wrote:
just remember there will always be a weakest point somewhere, making some parts more HD will only mean the load is going to go somewhere else.

Yes im worried about moving the weakest link else where but at the moment im unable to go off road due to my last time bending both arms going up an easy hill climb that ive done plenty of times before lift kit which was about 2-3 months ago
I can see why its happening and its IFS fail causing it not driving skill or terrain
would have thought the problem is pretty common but havent heard about it on here from anyone else

Im also the first to get a set of rack ends which is strange as there are plenty of colorados and dmaxs with theses lift kits but not on the waiting list for them
i have to give him feed back on them and test them out

Have had a few ideas on how to fix the problem but getting mods engineered is a problem so havent got very far yet will see how this goes first

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 am 

[Quote ]You dont need a dyno to tune a car
plus i dont drive on a dyno i drive on the street
dynos allow the tuner to keep their license and is a safer option for tuning as theres no traffic and they can concentrate on tuning
but tuning should be done on the street also for drivability

But if you really have to be technical ecuwest adjusted the ecu TUNE file settings to suit my mods which he has previously done to others on a dyno and on the street and reflashed it into mine
which is pretty much what the manufacturers do[/quote]

Sorry missed your response so this is a bit late.

I thought the main reason a dyno was used is so that you can put an exhaust gas analyser up the exhaust because whats coming out is as a result of whats going in. Must be a few Dmaxs' about with intercooler and exhaust upgrades for them to have those files on hand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 am 

Tink wrote:
garrytre wrote:
Danno wrote:
No MD it's really common, it's all over that FB site and lots of other forums as well, as is the CV issue, bent and broken.
I wonder why there, but not so much here.

Because, from what I read, they are mostly young fellas. Seen a few videos posted of their exploits in their Dmaxs and it is no wonder they are breaking things.
Tink

Welcome to the old farts forum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 pm 

LST wrote:
[Quote ]You dont need a dyno to tune a car
plus i dont drive on a dyno i drive on the street
dynos allow the tuner to keep their license and is a safer option for tuning as theres no traffic and they can concentrate on tuning
but tuning should be done on the street also for drivability

But if you really have to be technical ecuwest adjusted the ecu TUNE file settings to suit my mods which he has previously done to others on a dyno and on the street and reflashed it into mine
which is pretty much what the manufacturers do

Sorry missed your response so this is a bit late.

I thought the main reason a dyno was used is so that you can put an exhaust gas analyser up the exhaust because whats coming out is as a result of whats going in. Must be a few Dmaxs' about with intercooler and exhaust upgrades for them to have those files on hand[/quote]

You can fit a wideband oxygen sensor in petrol cars and an egt sensor in diesel cars this you can get exhausts with the bung in them to fit them petrol car just swap the narrow band sensor for a wide one for tuning

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 pm 

How did you go with the UCA and HD tie rods trial?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 am 

Got some new shoes for the dmax kumho at51 285/75/16 pretty happy with them so far but havent given them a good enough test yet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:06 am 

DanMax wrote:
How did you go with the UCA and HD tie rods trial?

Havent got them last i was told was made with wrong thread and put on back burner
Been a while now since ive bent one so havent pushed the idea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16