NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Jim & Leona’s DMax
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:36 pm 

Our rig is coming along nicely..... many thanks to forum members for the tips/info I have gained

Bought a set of these HID’s after they were recommended by a fellow member, thought I’d see what the 100w ones were like....turns out the body is too deep for the OEM bulbar.....Image

so I changed tack and bought a set of Hella rally 4000’s, still had to do some creative work with the die grinder to elongate the existing hole in the bulbar... added a spacer block underneath AND enlarged the adjustment space in the body of the light....nice lights though....
ImageImage

Fitted the Prorack H/D Whispbars as I have decided to fit the RTT over the cab instead of the canopy..... also fitted the solar panel as well after an excellent tip from a forum user, fits just perfectly across the rails on the canopy....
ImageImage

haven’t wired it up yet as I need to decide where the wiring is going.....may look at going straight through the roof and hiding the wiring underneath the lining within the canopy

Seat covers done......went for the Deploy Safe Adventure model..... in Mocha to take away a bit of the black/grey from the interior

Free Wheeling Hubs fitted.... used an 86mm hole saw and then about ten minutes with a half round file to get a nice fit around the lip of the chrome outer section..

Other things done:

Provent 2000 fitted, fixed L/h window on canopy, turned gas struts on canopy up the right way, fitted tailgate sealing kit (seems to work well but I need to added a piece of seal where the upper hatch meets the tailgate)

Still to be done:

Auto Trans cooler

3D rubber mats arrived today from Trufit carpets.

Drawers still to be made and installed (looking at using Multipanel for these), fridge drop down slide to be installed, awning to be bought and fitted, Deep Cycle battery is currently installed in a temporary fashion (its sitting in a plastic crate!) as we need to be able to use the fridge.....I have run a cable from the Anderson plug near the towbar (this looks to have been fitted professionally but doesn’t have a VSR fitted so we need to be careful to unplug it when the vehicle is turned off for any length of time)

AND lots of wiring.....which will have to wait till I’ve go a decent amount of time to dedicate to that task :) ..... got the spotties wired up and almost finished the UHF so thats a start

So many things to do :)

Post subject: Re: Jim & Leona’s DMax
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:48 am 

Hi Jim (and Leona). Nice build happening here. I am about to do my front hubs also and it is nice see they make an improvement to ordinary oem wheels. Very interested in your drawers too, as this is my next major diy project. Love it so keep it coming. Thanks for sharing.

2013 LSU crew,auto,4x4,white,towb,tint,tubliner+Outback Armour lift,Ironman Bullbar,Alpha Canopy,PhatBars,Snorkel,Superwinch hubs,WhispbarHD racks,Provent 200, ecuwest tune,UHF,7"HIDs, Wheels 17x8 PDW w/Toyo OPAT2 275-65r17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 am 

Nice mods. Neat job on the front hubs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 pm 

app_master wrote:
Hi Jim (and Leona). Nice build happening here. I am about to do my front hubs also .....

thanks app_master, if you haven’t already bought shims for your hub job, you’re welcome to have my left over ones, I bought 2 of each size ( 8 in total) and only used 2......just PM me with an address and I’ll chuck them in the mail

cheers Jim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm 

Very nice truck!

The FWHs seem to stick out more on your 17" LSU hubcaps then Dans LSM...what size shims did you need?

Keen on some pics of your tranny cooler when you get it installed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm 

Like your method of mounting the solar - very similar to what I did (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=960) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:46 am 

garjim wrote:
app_master wrote:
Hi Jim (and Leona). Nice build happening here. I am about to do my front hubs also .....

thanks app_master, if you haven’t already bought shims for your hub job, you’re welcome to have my left over ones, I bought 2 of each size ( 8 in total) and only used 2......just PM me with an address and I’ll chuck them in the mail

cheers Jim

Awesome Jim. PM sent. I will be happy pass on the unused shim/spacers again too.

2013 LSU crew,auto,4x4,white,towb,tint,tubliner+Outback Armour lift,Ironman Bullbar,Alpha Canopy,PhatBars,Snorkel,Superwinch hubs,WhispbarHD racks,Provent 200, ecuwest tune,UHF,7"HIDs, Wheels 17x8 PDW w/Toyo OPAT2 275-65r17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:07 am 

It has probably been said but i am lazy what is the benefit of converting the front hubs to the manual ones ???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:12 am 

Chester ver 2.0 wrote:
It has probably been said but i am lazy what is the benefit of converting the front hubs to the manual ones ???

Front Hubs discussed at length here: http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=340
In a nutshell; the aim for most here is to disconnect the front wheels from front diff/shafts, so they don't turn all the time, particularly when in 2wd mode.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:57 am 

garjim wrote:
Our rig is coming along nicely..... many thanks to forum members for the tips/info I have gained

Bought a set of these HID’s after they were recommended by a fellow member, thought I’d see what the 100w ones were like....turns out the body is too deep for the OEM bulbar.....Image

so I changed tack and bought a set of Hella rally 4000’s, still had to do some creative work with the die grinder to elongate the existing hole in the bulbar... added a spacer block underneath AND enlarged the adjustment space in the body of the light....nice lights though....
ImageImage

Fitted the Prorack H/D Whispbars as I have decided to fit the RTT over the cab instead of the canopy..... also fitted the solar panel as well after an excellent tip from a forum user, fits just perfectly across the rails on the canopy....
ImageImage

haven’t wired it up yet as I need to decide where the wiring is going.....may look at going straight through the roof and hiding the wiring underneath the lining within the canopy

Seat covers done......went for the Deploy Safe Adventure model..... in Mocha to take away a bit of the black/grey from the interior

Free Wheeling Hubs fitted.... used an 86mm hole saw and then about ten minutes with a half round file to get a nice fit around the lip of the chrome outer section..

Other things done:

Provent 2000 fitted, fixed L/h window on canopy, turned gas struts on canopy up the right way, fitted tailgate sealing kit (seems to work well but I need to added a piece of seal where the upper hatch meets the tailgate)

Still to be done:

Auto Trans cooler

3D rubber mats arrived today from Trufit carpets.

Drawers still to be made and installed (looking at using Multipanel for these), fridge drop down slide to be installed, awning to be bought and fitted, Deep Cycle battery is currently installed in a temporary fashion (its sitting in a plastic crate!) as we need to be able to use the fridge.....I have run a cable from the Anderson plug near the towbar (this looks to have been fitted professionally but doesn’t have a VSR fitted so we need to be careful to unplug it when the vehicle is turned off for any length of time)

AND lots of wiring.....which will have to wait till I’ve go a decent amount of time to dedicate to that task :) ..... got the spotties wired up and almost finished the UHF so thats a start

So many things to do :)

Hi, just wondering what Auto Trans cooler you used, it looks like a nice one.

cheers
Dave