NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:59 pm 

Thought I would start here. Almost standard at the moment but it has had an ARB/Old Man Emu GVM upgrade. Only extras at the moment are the headlight protectors and bonnet protector. The tray is an O'Brien tray, 2200mm long, and I got the grab handles put on as well as 4 lugs across the top facing forward. I'll use them for ariels or whatever.
Tinting on Monday and the ARB bar and 9500lb Ironman winch will be fitted in mid Jan. Also a 1800mm trundle draw will be added around that time.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

Last edited by Silver05 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:18 pm 

Good looking tray. Will follow with interest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:26 pm 

I hate rattles and so I have lined every storage space in the doors, centre console and glove boxes with marine carpet. I've also put Dynamat Xtreme inside the two front guards and lined the rear storage spots under the flip up seats with it...I then lined them with marine carpet. I also started on the floor with Dynamat but couldn't be bothered pulling the seats out to do it all over...YET!! When I go up to the Gold Coast in Jan I am booking in to Frankies Auto and Electrical at South Nowra to get the back 2 half doors lined. It will be an ongoing project for the next year.
I went to Superchinas sale yesterday and got a set of Philips X-treme Vision H4 globes to replace the factory ones. They came with 2 blue replacement parking light globes. I put one side in and went out and checked the difference at night. Certainly a lot better and the little blue globes were far better.
I also hooked my Wurton Scout Cubes up to a battery and went out the back to test them. Good things. Lit up the backyard well. They will be going at the rear under the tray..

http://www.wurton.com/collections/5-watt-led-light-bars

It's good to have a new car to play with. :D

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:38 pm 

Nice, I notice you say south nowra... im from that area!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:24 am 

Put it in your 'location'. So you would know Frankies well then. They seemed ok to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 am 

Yeah, I got my lightbar from them, theyre not a bad bunch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:47 pm 

Got this today. Colour coded Isuzu White. 1800mm long, 705mm wide, 150mm deep. It's on Teflon sliders you can just see on each edge...the blue bits. On closer inspection I will take it back to get a couple of adjustments made to stop it bouncing. Not hard and I think I have it figured how to do it. I will drag out the trusty marine carpet and line it all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:21 pm 

Nice job. I used those teflon runners for my drawer in my tub.

Tink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:39 pm 

All the drawer systems I've ever built were all done with Teflon runners (except the current one), it's quiet it's cheap it doesn't seize and is virtually maintenance free....can't go wrong.

That's a neat looking setup Silver, good work.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 pm 

Bugger. I've not been able to log in for 2 days and yesterday I had the ARB bar and Ironman winch fitted. I've also spent the arvo fixing the tray up. Although I like the tray I am not that happy with the enclosure. It's certainly far from dust proof and the draw would jump up and bang when you went over a bigger bump. I got underneath today and have managed to fit some home made Teflon 'bump stops' so that annoying aspect is cured.
I have also lined I with marine carpet and fixed a couple of minor annoyances so I am making progress.
I'm taking the Dmax for a spin up to the Gold Coast to catch up with the kids and the return trip is probably close on 3,000klms so it will get a good run in.
When I get back I have figured out a way to make the draw totally dust proof and it just required thinking a bit different.
I was hoping to post some more pics but couldn't get on the forum so I will do it in a day or two. Glad all is well here again. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next