NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:49 am 

Well it's as good as finished I think. New Lightforce 30" Dual Row 3 watt lightbar, 17s off an MUX with Toyo Open Country 2s 265/70/17s, my home on the back and the tinny... all ready for Mallacoota in the morning. :D
Almost 2 years in the making and a few mistakes and a couple of things to change my mind on eg servicing and a few things.
Thanks to everyone on the forum for advice and stuff :D...won't be long and the little tart will get put to some good use... :D

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:48 pm 

Look great mate :D

Do you get any noise from just having the roofrack brackets on?

Tink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 pm 

There is a slight whistle from somewhere but it sounds more like it's coming from the snorkus area.Could be the lightbars,snorkus, aerial,bullbar,bonnet protector I guess...maybe it would not be noticeable if the thing hadn't been soundproofed. I don't want to take them off because of the way I have the roof racks fitted to the alloy rack..it's really one unit now and it fits exactly where I have the locating fittings on the roof.
it's a bit weird with the new tyres but I don't think the ride is any different to how it was with the HTs on. I'm not positive but it could even be a touch better.
I'm going to run the rears @ 40 and the fronts @ 34 for this trip and see how it all goes...economy etc. It's not really a long trip..maybe 300 or so all up but still ....towing the tinny and the load on the back will do something to the mileage. it went well on the QLD trip so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 pm 

Haven't considered taking the Alloy headboard off ?
Well depends if you use the tray sides really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 am 

I could I guess...but won't :D . I really don't want to do much more ...just a fuel filter and maybe a catch can.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:14 pm 

Silver05 wrote:
I could I guess...but won't :D . I really don't want to do much more ...just a fuel filter and maybe a catch can.

I enjoyed your thread. Awsome job on building the Dmax to your liking. Great end product vehicle built by you for you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 pm 

Well here is something else to look at. :D Was running out of novel things to waste money on but I found this...
http://www.superpro.com.au/find/superpr ... -999501142
and got one fitted today to see what I think.
Lucky I did in a way I suppose as I had a very loose front wheel bearing which is now fixed although I guess they might have found that at the service I get tomorrow.
Anyway...I got it set on the softer of the 3 settings to see what I thought and it certainly does make a difference. I have certain corners that I know well and the way the thing did behave around them. It is without a doubt better. Just goes around in a nicer, easier way. I'm heading up to Sydney on Thursday morning, nice and early so I will have my nice windy roads all to my self,except for a few hundred Kangas that is, so I will be able to get a good idea of what I think of the cart now as well as my new lightforce lightbar. The fellow that I got it off,who used to be the fellow at ARB who gave me all the good prices and now works with a new set up...not the guy who ripped me off with fitting charges...told me he had a few Landcruiser utes fitted with them and the blokes were really happy with the way their utes went, particularly with a load on so it will be interesting to see what happens when I get the camper back on. So far I reckon it's not a bad thing at all. The Tonka toy is a bit nicer drive.
After clicking on the link it doesn't come up with the item opened but I got the 20mm Heavy Duty 3 Position Blade Adjustable Sway Bar.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm 

Silver05 wrote:
Well here is something else to look at. :D Was running out of novel things to waste money on but I found this...
http://www.superpro.com.au/find/superpr ... -999501142
and got one fitted today to see what I think.
Lucky I did in a way I suppose as I had a very loose front wheel bearing which is now fixed although I guess they might have found that at the service I get tomorrow.
Anyway...I got it set on the softer of the 3 settings to see what I thought and it certainly does make a difference. I have certain corners that I know well and the way the thing did behave around them. It is without a doubt better. Just goes around in a nicer, easier way. I'm heading up to Sydney on Thursday morning, nice and early so I will have my nice windy roads all to my self,except for a few hundred Kangas that is, so I will be able to get a good idea of what I think of the cart now as well as my new lightforce lightbar. The fellow that I got it off,who used to be the fellow at ARB who gave me all the good prices and now works with a new set up...not the guy who ripped me off with fitting charges...told me he had a few Landcruiser utes fitted with them and the blokes were really happy with the way their utes went, particularly with a load on so it will be interesting to see what happens when I get the camper back on. So far I reckon it's not a bad thing at all. The Tonka toy is a bit nicer drive.
After clicking on the link it doesn't come up with the item opened but I got the 20mm Heavy Duty 3 Position Blade Adjustable Sway Bar.

It looks like a nice bit of upgrade kit. Was the 2 hours fitting accurate? Do you think it could be something you could do yourself? I am pretty handy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:45 pm 

I couldn't keep up with you in the twisties on the Mallacoota road anyway , you will be getting a set of slicks next .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:07 am 

Jacko...the only reason you couldn't keep up with me is because you take notice of the lines the nice road people paint on the centre of the road!! :lol: I always leave for Sydney nice and early down this way and for the first hour or so I get the whole road to myself and just have to play dodgem with the grey critters.
Goody...2 hours is too long if you are handy. I reckon an hour would be closer but the fellow did have it on a hoist which would be far easier. The only harder bit is replacing the bump stops. I think he said he undid the shockies to make it easier to mount it.
He charged me 2 hours including redoing/checking my front wheel bearing.
There was only 2 of these in stores when I ordered mine..the other was in the Brisbane place. PM me if you want some details.
I was pretty happy with my new lightbar. It certainly does throw a lot further than my old one. Lovely coloured light also. Easy on the eyes. :idea: :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next