NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:20 am 

Silver05 wrote:
Jacko...the only reason you couldn't keep up with me is because you take notice of the lines the nice road people paint on the centre of the road!! :lol: I always leave for Sydney nice and early down this way and for the first hour or so I get the whole road to myself and just have to play dodgem with the grey critters.
Goody...2 hours is too long if you are handy. I reckon an hour would be closer but the fellow did have it on a hoist which would be far easier. The only harder bit is replacing the bump stops. I think he said he undid the shockies to make it easier to mount it.
He charged me 2 hours including redoing/checking my front wheel bearing.
There was only 2 of these in stores when I ordered mine..the other was in the Brisbane place. PM me if you want some details.
I was pretty happy with my new lightbar. It certainly does throw a lot further than my old one. Lovely coloured light also. Easy on the eyes. :idea: :shock:

Thanks for the reply. Your rig is amazing.
I hope I can build a similar rig when the time comes time to purchase. If I throw $10,000 on top of basic purchase for ARM upgrade of GVM, ARB front bar and scrub and side steps like yours, Hayman Reese tow pack versus Isuzu accessory original, snorkel at time of order I will come close and then go from there. I am going down the Profit canvas canopy road.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:01 am 

Silver05 wrote:
I am going down the Profit canvas canopy road.

My last 2 utes have both had custom Profit Canvas canopies; they have been excellent quality products and I cant recommend them enough.

Daz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:30 am 

If you go the ARB way try and get a 'package ' together before you do anything. You can talk turkey when you want to spend a bit rather than little bits. PM me when you are ready if you want.
I reckon my rig is OK. As I said I have made mistakes and that's good for others and my set up wouldn't suit others. I reckon I would rethink the ARB air locker and go the e-locker way. That seems to be the general opinion around the place. Anyway...there is plenty of advice around the 2 forums and out of everyones builds you will be able to do a good job....probably without making costly mistakes!!

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:34 am 

Thanks azzad and Silver05. I will read and learn and prepare.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:54 am 

Silver05 wrote:
probably without making costly mistakes!!

My most costly mistake was buying the bloody Dmax .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:12 pm 

Jackofjr wrote:
Silver05 wrote:
probably without making costly mistakes!!

My most costly mistake was buying the bloody Dmax .

The spending never ends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10