NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours


We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Hi,

While I was waiting for my wife to empty her car from her side of the garage, so I could back the, heavily loaded, trailer in. I started "familiarising" myself with some more of the new Colorado 7's features. One of which which I thought might be extending sunvisors. I had them in the Sorento. Sadly, they can extend, but shouldn't. :oops:

While trying to replace said visor, I managed to cut/short out the power supply and earth wires to the mirror lights. This, strangely as I soon found out, caused the reversing camera to not work. Get a "Service" message on Mylink, when I put it in reverse. It could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

You can stop laughing! :D

I've been trying to find the appropriate fuse. I've pulled out every fuse under the bonnet and inside the cabin. None were blown. Got sore fingers.

This fuse also affects the two interior dome lamps, but only the "On" position: they work in "Door" position, when a door is opened. Same with the two front map lights: they come on when a door opens, but not when switched on.

I will re-check all the fuses tomorrow, only about 50 of them, but pretty sure I did them all today.

Anybody have any ideas?

I don't know if D-Max/MU-X and Colorado/7 have the same fuse boxes.

I disconnected the visor's "frayed" wires, plug from the socket, so it's not shorted anymore. It will never work again. I thought I might be able to disassemble it and replace the wires, but I could only remove the lenses. The globes actually look just like glass fuses. You'd think they would use LEDs now for interior lights.

It may require a trip to the dealer. They have to put on a 12 pin trailer socket, and fix the trim around the hitch receiver, properly, next week.

Thanks,

dRdoS7.

EDIT: I just checked: the reversing lights don't work either. That makes sense: the reversing camera would get it's power from there. No fuse for reversing lights. Reversing Sensors work, naturally there's a fuse for them!.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Hi,

The lack of power was fixed with a Scangauge.

According to the guy that fitted a TowPro yesterday, there was a fault which he cleared.

He thought he had done it because he managed to blow a fuse when wiring up to the trailer socket. It may have been the front indicators/parking lights on the Smartbar. I can't remember which now.

I still find it strange that shorting a wire to the interior lights would stop the reversing lights from working. Not only that, but there's 2 circuits to the same interior lights. Depending on how they operated as to which circuit is used: door switch or light switch. One is fused, the other isn't.

Still, learned a valuable lesson: don't f&%k with it!!!

dRdoS7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 3204
Location: Darwin... sort of.
dRdoS7 wrote:
Hi,

The lack of power was fixed with a Scangauge.

According to the guy that fitted a TowPro yesterday, there was a fault which he cleared.

He thought he had done it because he managed to blow a fuse when wiring up to the trailer socket. It may have been the front indicators/parking lights on the Smartbar. I can't remember which now.

I still find it strange that shorting a wire to the interior lights would stop the reversing lights from working. Not only that, but there's 2 circuits to the same interior lights. Depending on how they operated as to which circuit is used: door switch or light switch. One is fused, the other isn't.

Still, learned a valuable lesson: don't f&%k with it!!!

dRdoS7


Nothing surprises me with the electrical systems in these cars anymore....and the poor old towbar always finds itself under suspicion.

Fyi the Colorado/7 doesn't really share that much in common with the DMax as far as electricals and a lot of other things go, they mainly share the chassis and some panels, the fuel tank for instance has a priming pump in it, the DMax doesn't, and most on here probably don't know that, the Colorado has an LSD the DMax only has useless traction control and so on, so as far as locating things such as fuses and that we might not be much help at times! because they are very different cars now.

_________________
Cheers
Dan
Moderator
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Danno wrote:
Nothing surprises me with the electrical systems in these cars anymore....and the poor old towbar always finds itself under suspicion.

Fyi the Colorado/7 doesn't really share that much in common with the DMax as far as electricals and a lot of other things go, they mainly share the chassis and some panels, the fuel tank for instance has a priming pump in it, the DMax doesn't, and most on here probably don't know that, the Colorado has an LSD the DMax only has useless traction control and so on, so as far as locating things such as fuses and that we might not be much help at times! because they are very different cars now.


Our old Sorento had an LSD, I thought that was useless! Still, I think TC will be of some value, some time.

I didn't realise the Isuzu and Holden were that different. I thought it was only engine & gearbox, and some minor stuff, trim and such.

dRdoS7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 pm
Posts: 1409
dRdoS7
I haven't studied a new Dmax but usually afaik interior lights on most vehicles have one supply and two earthing parts.
One door switch operated and one delay/key remote sensitive.

Haven't seen two supplies.

Are you taking someone else's word it is so, or discovered it for yourself.
Perhaps drop the interior light out of the roof and actually see if ti really has two supplies.

There is generally a vast amount of misinformation which people relay but it may not be the actual situation at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Hi,

mydmax wrote:
dRdoS7
I haven't studied a new Dmax but usually afaik interior lights on most vehicles have one supply and two earthing parts.
One door switch operated and one delay/key remote sensitive.

Haven't seen two supplies.

Are you taking someone else's word it is so, or discovered it for yourself.
Perhaps drop the interior light out of the roof and actually see if ti really has two supplies.

There is generally a vast amount of misinformation which people relay but it may not be the actual situation at all.


That's what I worked out: I was trying to find the fuse that was blown, which I never did.

But I did find a fuse, which when removed, turned off the interior lights, when the switch was set to "door".

I will investigate further today, if I get time.

dRdoS7

UPDATE: Removed the fuse mentioned above, a door was open, light switches in "door" position: lights went off, then I moved the switch to "on", lights came on.

I couldn't see how to remove the dome light assembly, didn't want to do any more "modifications". I'll have another look next week, when I have more time.

Shame there's no circuit diagrams available. Also, a lot of the fuses are labelled "Body Control Module", very helpful!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Hi,

Pulled the interior light out. According to the Owner's Manual, this and several other bulbs are a: "to be changed by a Holden Dealer" job. Seriously! What next? Take it to your Holden Dealer to refill your fuel tank? Check your tyre pressure?

There are definitely two power circuits, plus an earthing point.

Attachment:
File comment: Showing power and earth
Colorado 7 Interior light - explained.jpg
Colorado 7 Interior light - explained.jpg [ 57.39 KiB | Viewed 8503 times ]


dRdoS7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 pm
Posts: 1409
As far as I can see there is 1 power supply wire, and 1 earthing to neg via door switch wire.
Is there another wire there which we cannot see????
The normal switch uses a screw to frame internal busbar to manually switch it on.

No 2 power wires visible, only the one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Posts: 52
Location: South-west, lower Central Victoria.
Hi,

mydmax wrote:
As far as I can see there is 1 power supply wire, and 1 earthing to neg via door switch wire.
Is there another wire there which we cannot see????
The normal switch uses a screw to frame internal busbar to manually switch it on.

No 2 power wires visible, only the one.


There's two wires: a white one & a blue one. They go to the rhs of the switch (red arrows). Switch is in the off position. The earth is bottom rhs (black arrow).

dRdoS7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sunvisor lamp fuse
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 am
Posts: 1
dRdoS7

You are correct . Two power supplies and two separate earth positions the switch can be in contact with.

I have had the same issue with my 2015 LTZ fitted LED festoon and T10 globes to the center and map lights. Love em work really well.
Problem being i accidently touched both contacts when fitting. The slip up then caused the reverse camera to display Service reverse camera system when reverse is selected, NO reverse lights and climate control temp digital display brightness flashes when headlights are on.
Checked all the fuses have power to all three interior lights but now power at reverse camera or reverse lights when reverse is selected. I have switched power at the 7 pin plug though when reverse is selected and no power when not in reverse, telling me the reverse switch is working as it should.
I tried my Total Car Diagnostic OBD-11 elm327 USB scanner and no active codes except PENDING C0700 code which i cant clear for some reason..

Anyone have any ideas.... thoughts are if i can clear the C0700 fault may be rectified as your tow bar guy found dRdoS7...?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group