NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 am 

Hi Guys,
I bought one of these (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-DMAX-D-MAX-MUX-MU-X-GPS-Navigation-DVD-Radio-Stereo-Bluetooth-Stereo-Aus-/161776031597?hash=item25aa9a576d:g:KooAAOSwHnFVyyln) and installed in my 2015 LS-U. Since then, when I turn the key to ACC my park lights come on. Turn the key to ON and the instruments no longer cycle (pretty display prior to starting while the glow plugs warm up) and the parkers are still on.

So basically, I can't sit in a supermarket carpark, waiting for the finance minister to finish, and listen to the radio without the parkers being on..

Has anyone else had this issue or know where I can look to find a solution? I might point out the obvious - the light switch is OFF the whole time....

I am nearly at a stage of giving it to my autoelec and getting him to wire the parkers to only come on when the ignition is in the ON position (but don't want to if I don't have to).

Thanks in advance..
Stu.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:05 am 

It only came with 1 wiring harness for the unit and was bought for the d-max. I disconnected the stereo and gave the same results.. ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 am 

Yep, I know exactly what you've done because I did it myself, the wiring harness is incorrect, when I get home I will dig out the pics of what you have to do.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 am 

Hi Beefy.
Other than this electrical connection issue, which sounds simple enough to sort (once Dan gives you his hot tip)...
How do you find the unit itself?
Ease of install, quality of build, software and using it?
Been thinking of getting one of these too.
Ta mate.

2013 LSU crew,auto,4x4,white,towb,tint,tubliner+Outback Armour lift,Ironman Bullbar,Alpha Canopy,PhatBars,Snorkel,Superwinch hubs,WhispbarHD racks,Provent 200, ecuwest tune,UHF,7"HIDs, Wheels 17x8 PDW w/Toyo OPAT2 275-65r17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:34 am 

Gday app_master,
I'm pretty happy with the unit as a whole, was easy to install.. but please don't do what I did and manage to unclip the air con controls - they are a real pain to get back aligned.
Ok, so how about I tell you what I'm NOT happy with and you can make up your mind?
1. The clock - the effen clock! - if I have it on auto, it picks up the time through the GPS but doesn't give me an option for daylight savings.. so set it to manual and it is a few minutes per day fast. Put the unit on auto and open the navigation and the time is right. It's a pain, but I just have it on auto and work it out.
2. Build/paint quality - I have a phone holder on the windscreen and the cable to charge it has rubbed through the paint on the surround.. in 3 months!
3. The radio is a bit ordinary with picking up channels.. doesn't worry me too much.
4. The tv part doesn't work.. I dont want to watch tv on it.
5. Its a bit slow to boot up and annoying when you let it sit for a minute in the cold to warm the glow plugs up and the stereo boots, then you start the car and the stereo reboots. I'm gonna get a capacitor to fix this .. just working out what size I need.

That's all I can think of at the moment. For the price it's great compared to thousands for an alpine unit!!
Hope this helps, Stu.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 pm 

Yours is basically the same as the Dig options unit which I and some others have, it's just a generic unit that different companies re skin to make it theirs, I notice that it doesn't have OziExplorer installed which is a shame as it's brilliant off road once set up.
To make it work you will probably have to do what I did if the loom is the same as mine, there is a red wire that is looped from one terminal to another below it, cut this wire and permanently crimp off the half that shares with another wire in the same hole, then cut the brown wire and join it to the remaining red, problem solved. If your colours are different it still shouldn't be too hard to figure it out from the pic.
The problem is that the loom is wired in such a way that when you turn on the stereo the stereo supplies power to your parkers back through the illumination circuit, cutting the looped red will fix the problem but leave you with no stereo lights, attaching the brown fixes that.

Fixing the aircon controls gets easier when you figure out the trick... :lol: best just to tape them up though..saves a lot of heartache..

Don't forget to chuck your location in your profile for us mate.

Attachments:
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG [ 129.5 KiB | Viewed 7503 times ]

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 am 

Awesome, thanks Dan. I will get onto this on the weekend :)
Will be sure to tape up the controls when I take them out too :) I had too many beers once I got it back together and the controls finally worked lol.

I guess another question that I will be running into shortly - how do I get to the cigarette light power to connect my UHF? Do I have to take the whole centre console out just to get behind the socket?

BTW, I'm in southern NSW :)

Cheers,
Stu.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 am 

Dan,
You my friend are a champion! That fixed all of the issues I was having with the lights and dash!! I think it took longer for the soldering iron to heat up than for the actual fix! I should have taken a better look when I was putting it in as the brown wire was marked for positive illumination.

Thanks again :) now to get everything else started that I want to do..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 am 

Hi guys,

Had the same problem here..

AWESOME to find this post and fix the problem within minutes..Cheers Dan!! :D

I think my harness is slightly different, as my brown wire, does so, and was marked to connect to my reverse camera..so just cutting the red looped wire, fixed the problem.. :)

BeefyDMax wrote:
Dan,
You my friend are a champion! That fixed all of the issues I was having with the lights and dash!! I think it took longer for the soldering iron to heat up than for the actual fix! I should have taken a better look when I was putting it in as the brown wire was marked for positive illumination.

Beefy,
With above, are you talking about a dash illumination problem?
With my unit, before and after the above fix, when I play with the cars dash illumination control/dimmer, if I turn it up, my dash lights go brighter, but the stereo lights go out, if I turn it down the dash lights go out, but the stereo lights go bright..
I'm no electrician, but would this be something so simple as to the illumination wires on the harness just to be swapped around..ie: positive moved as negative, and negative moved as positive?

Cheers in advance