NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:41 pm 

Hi everybody.

I went this weekend to the beach, it was rainy with a lot of offroading and wet sand everywhere.
The last day I turned on my 2015 2.5 twin turbo 4wd dmax, and I noticed I don't have dashboard or any panel backlight, besides, cruise control wont "set" the speed so I can't use it anymore. Foglights turns on whenever the front headlights are turned off, if I turn on the headlights the foglights turns off. Rear left light is not working either, I checked the fuse and it was blown, replaced it and the fuse blew once again.

I checked the fuses and I found:
- Backlight fuse MELTED. - I changed it but the dash backlight is still turned off.
- Rear light lamp fuse blown, changed it and it blew again.

Sypmptoms:
- Rear gear "beep" sound doesn't beep.
- Rear reverse white lamps doesn't turn on after I put reverse gear.
- Cruise control turns on - but it can't set the speed so I cant cruise.
- Interior dash back lights doesn't work, even with a new fuse.
- Left back light blown the fuse after I turned on the lights.
- Foglights only works if I have the main front headlamps turned off.

Everything happened suddenly on the very last rainy day on the beach - I returned to my hometown driving with maps app so I check the speed, I don't know my current speed or my RPMs due the dark dashboard during the night.

Any clue? I'm not an expert on elecrical - mechanical stuff.

Thanks!
Pazzesco

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 am 

SOLVED!
The problem was the left rear light. It uses the same circuit for the dash illumination. So I changed the light and then I put a new fuse and VIOLA! now the illum works, the rear light works.

And the rear beep sound together with the rear white head lights was because I confused the Illumination fuse with the back light fuse. So I put the fuse on the socket and it works too.

Sooo easy and I got confused.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 am 

Good to hear our work here is done. Sometimes feels like we didn’t do anything!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:08 pm 

Pazzesco
For any future troubles, make yourself a blown fuse which has two wires soldered to the top of the fuse pins. May have to clear away a bit of plastic to do that. On the other end of the wires make a globe holder to run a globe similar to the load the fuse position indicates. When you investigate a blown fuse for a circuit you simply plug in the test fuse and appropriate globe wattage into the fuse position.
When you try and operate the item, ie, park lights for example. the globe WILL be "BRIGHT" if there is a short circuit and only the test globe turns on. When the fault has been found, the globe will only glow according to the item it is running, because both are now in series and the voltage is spread across the test globe and the vehicle circuit item/light. That way you don't continually have to blow fuses to see if the fault is fixed and only after the tester glows instead of being bright, do you then fit a new fuse to that position.