NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:08 am 

Hi all woke up this morning to a pic on facebook showing a 2014 lsu d-max with a split in the panel where the vin plate is :o ,the more i look and see about these d-maxs is starting to scare me :shock: ,the owner has not said how it happened but is taking it back next week to adelaide dealer,will be interesting to see.Tough Truck :?

Post subject: Re: body crack
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm 

Attachment:
11188153_10152998003387946_1936640401395848764_dmax.jpg
11188153_10152998003387946_1936640401395848764_dmax.jpg [ 29.54 KiB | Viewed 12923 times ]
Hope this works :)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:44 pm 

Is there any more pics mate? I'd like to see the size of the battery he's got in there because that's exactly what I expected would happen when people pull out the 10" battery and stick a 12" 26-30kg battery in it's place under the bonnet of one of these things, that inner guard is just too flimsy, Patrols are notorious for it, and they're built heavier than these things.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:01 pm 

Danno wrote:
Is there any more pics mate? I'd like to see the size of the battery he's got in there because that's exactly what I expected would happen when people pull out the 10" battery and stick a 12" 26-30kg battery in it's place under the bonnet of one of these things, that inner guard is just too flimsy, Patrols are notorious for it, and they're built heavier than these things.

No Danno, no more pics,and he doesnt say how this happened it looks like a long split/crack :shock: .Will pm him and try to find out a bit more and let everyone know or try and get him to join this forum and tell us his story :)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:02 pm 

Gee some of you guys are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. Yeah, there is a crack in one of hundreds of thousands sold since 2012. But we know nothing more than a few brief lines on Facebook (totally reliable source of info) and a single photo (zoomed in). As Danno eluded to, there will be more to this story than what we have seen.

And before you all start bagging the Isuzus, go and have a look at other makes which have suffered many, many more cracks through using heavy batteries. Not only the Patrol but also the Prado. Then have a look at the firewall cracks in some of the Toyotas. Seriously guys, take a deep breath. It is a storm in a tea cup.

Tink

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 pm 

The FB poster is not taking his Dmax to his dealer until next Thursday in Adelaide. Stay tuned.

Tink

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 pm 

That’s a weir spot for a structural crack. As Dan points out the battery clamp bolts up to the inner panel just forward of that area but the battery also has another longer pull down bolt between the battery and the inner guard. But battery tray supports the weight and the base of the battery trap is not connected to the inner guard. Would need to know a lot more before ya panic. Like has the car been in accident? But the guy has cracks on both inner guards so perhaps he has been jumping sand dunes and had a few too many hard landings. :lol:

Last edited by Dopomax on Wed May 13, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm 

If this bloke has posted the photo without an explanation, then there is every chance he has gone and done something dumb (whether he meant it or not) which has caused the crack, but of course, he' not going to admit that online. It's just easier to bag out Isuzu and make it look like their fault.

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

Last edited by Dropbear74 on Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 pm 

Dropbear74 wrote:
If this bloke has posted the photo without an explanation, then there is every chance he has gone and done something dumb which has caused the crack, but of course, he' not going to admit that online. It's just easier to bag out Isuzu and make it look like their fault.

Dropbear,that might be the case,if it was me i would be waiting til iua had a look and find out if they were going to cover it under warranty before i went on fb, as they just might say P&ss off :shock: ,i think we all might be guilty of doing something wrong and when it does go pear shaped blame the product :o

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:04 pm 

You blokes ain't gonna believe this . But I have just returned from our Saturday arvo motorbike catch up

The weather wasn't to flash so took the Dmax , a member that has a panel shop pulls up beside me and tells me , he has just finished fixing a Dmax with cracked inner guards , both sides I believe , he showed me where on mine , it's where the crumple zone are .

Big job to fix , $8000 , Isuzu knocked back the warranty claim , insurance payed.

Also know of another broken CV , a shaft that would have to be very unusual , I know the owner of that Dmax but haven't had a chance to talk to him .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next