NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:14 am 

Muxxer wrote:
Danno, would you be willing to have a chat over the phone? If so, PM me your number and one or two good times to call. Thanks.

I'm now going in to fight Isuzu for their rejection of my claim, using Aus Consumer Law and the threat of a VCAT ruling.

Bottom line: the vehicle is not fit for the kind of purpose an average user of a 4WD would expect. And they haven't warned either dealers or owners that bullbars shouldn't be fitted or mods made. It's a serious fault given that had I known I would not have bought the vehicle.

I have one verbal and one written statement from industry folk to the effect that the cracks are not related to the minor frontal impact it's sustained.

In regards to manufacturers warning customers about fitting accessories, Toyota did it with the Prado years ago when they started cracking chassis, they actually put a sticker on it saying that if you fit a bullbar your warranty re cracking is void..They blamed ARB bullbars to start with and then the factory bars even got the blame and then low and behold they started cracking with no bars fitted...

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:48 pm 

Thanks Dropbear. Yep, that's Australian Consumer Law 2011. It provides the owner with guarantees and rights beyond the statutory warranty and those will be the basis of my claim.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 am 

The engineer's report is in.

To reiterate, there's a crack in the engine bay RHS sill, and a short one starting from the bottom of the inner RHS wheel well. IUA refused liability on the grounds of an impact and mods. I accept there was a small impact - I clipped the top of a sand bank. Didn't even notice the front connecting at the time.

The engineer has judged that the cracks are not the result of the impact whose damage was cosmetic. And also that the mods are within the law and don't represent excessive stresses.

He has reported on similar cracks in a MUX with half the kms of mine.

He concluded: "The most likely root cause of the cracks are a fatigue type failure. The cracks may develop under
particular service conditions due to an inadequate section design that cannot withstand service
loads."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:10 am 

That report will be good to help your case. So when is the hearing?

2012 LS-T, Mineral Grey. ARB Canopy, Traderack, Bullbar, Airtech Snorkel, XDC winch, Xray Vision driving lights, TX3345 GME radio, Dual Battery via Redarc VSR, OME 300kg Constant load suspension, factory towbar, Dueler 697 LT tyres, now 70,000km

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:49 pm 

Ah, step 1 is to write to Isuzu making the case and stating what I want.

A refund is envisaged in the Act in the case of serious faults.

Or repair - but if they can't guarantee there'll be no repeat....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm 

FWIW, IUA has said that the Thailand plant doesn't buy steel from Kobe for the MU-X and it doesn't appear to be part of other supply chains.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm 

muxxer
I asked IUA if they used Kobe steel. IUA said they don't use Kobe steel but I don't know if that means Isuzu in Thailand as well. They also mentioned that some of their smaller part suppliers may use Kobe steel but were unsure of which parts may be affected.

If the small part is an inner guard steel sheet then perhaps it may be suspect but no one wants to say of course. Until someone outside does and Audit of which parts are sourced where we won't really know.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:33 am 

To repeat "the Thailand plant doesn't buy steel from Kobe for the MU-X" acc to IUA.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:06 am 

I spoke briefly with a couple of VASS engineers - these are mostly independent engineers authorised by VicRoads to assess mass upgrades, modifications and so on. The first asked 'what vehicle' and said 'ah yes' to my reply. The second asked was it a Prado? Sounds like cracks are a known problem with them too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 am 

Early Prado's and FJ cruisers (same body different panels) cracked horrifically around the inner guards and Toyota's treatment towards affected customers made Isuzu's treatment of theirs look very good...Google it for pics.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next