NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: DASH RATTLE
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:37 pm 

Went to the local stealer to enquire about 40K service, got a quote for $1250. (2013 auto)

Mentioned that it had a bloody annoying dash rattle!

Giving me the usual service adviser superior look, he informed me that dash rattles are only covered for
the first 3,000 km, so they would not look at it under warranty. My reply was not repeatable, and my
service will obviously be done elsewhere.

Any good reports about Brisbane Isuzu Ute at Eagle Farm, might try them?

Cheers.........

Post subject: DASH RATTLE
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:25 am 

My November 2013 model is getting its 40 k service tomorrow at Brisbane Isuzu ,it's going to cost $900 and something I will let you know how it goes I have marked a couple of things discretely to make sure things are done properly . They tell me I can't have the fixed price service but I am paying the commercial rate what ever that means and I get a loner car for the day ,in by 7:00 am out at 3:00 pm so it works for me .... Matt

Post subject: Re: DASH RATTLE
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:06 am 

I just had my 20k service done , I'm fixed price so my 40k will be $760
Do they give a reason why they need to charge more for those that do have fixed price ,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm 

Jackofjr wrote:
I just had my 20k service done , I'm fixed price so my 40k will be $760
Do they give a reason why they need to charge more for those that do have fixed price ,

No all they say is only those delivered February 2015 qualify for fixed price ,I guess it's what they call Stealer Tax . I have a $100 buddy bonus card that I will use and mine is tax deductible due to it being my work car so it's not really a problem for me ,so far Brisbane Isuzu have done a good job that I can see but again I got a good deal and a few extras when I bought from them .... Matt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 pm 

That's pretty outrageous for the 40k service. I'd be saying a few words to them before I found somewhere else to get it done. I'd also be letting IUA know that I was not happy. I'm pretty sure fixed price came in for all vehicles sold from the 1st Jan this year.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:59 pm 

Mat01 wrote:
My November 2013 model is getting its 40 k service tomorrow at Brisbane Isuzu ,it's going to cost $900 and something I will let you know how it goes I have marked a couple of things discretely to make sure things are done properly . They tell me I can't have the fixed price service but I am paying the commercial rate what ever that means and I get a loner car for the day ,in by 7:00 am out at 3:00 pm so it works for me .... Matt

Thanks for that mate. Your opinion of their service quality and efficiency would certainly be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 am 

Silver05 wrote:
That's pretty outrageous for the 40k service. I'd be saying a few words to them before I found somewhere else to get it done. I'd also be letting IUA know that I was not happy. I'm pretty sure fixed price came in for all vehicles sold from the 1st Jan this year.

It may well be January it's beside the point in my case as mine is a November 2013 model so it falls way outside the fixed price service timeframe , I believe Brisbane Isuzu will do the right thing as it's the only car they sell and service and if you can't trust them then anyone else is not worth the paper the service program is printed on . So far they have been more than helpful to my needs so much so that I have recommended them 4 times and 4 times they have closed the deals with the customers to my advantage ( buddy bonus ) after the same people looked elsewhere at different dealers and different cars, but that's just my experience over the last 2 years ...Matt
Ps my car is in for service and I have a loner dmax this morning and I will ask why the difference when I pick it up .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:18 am 

I read somewhere that in the case of a particular service (can't remember which one it was) the dealers standard charge was in fact cheaper than the fixed price service charge. So don't assume the fixed price is necessarily going to be cheaper in all cases

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:24 am 

$1250 is a rip off. The cost I saw for the 40k service was around $860. The main thing as I understand it is they need to adjust the valves so they figure that sounds big so they can charge more and you will think it is a big job. It's a bit like when I got the timing belt done on my Subaru @ the 100k service. The mechanic had the service and the belt done in 4hrs. He told me it's not a big job but the standard price was around $1,300. I did as I usually do and had haggled with the stealer...he was in fact a nice bloke in a family dealership and I got it done for $800.
The dealer where I get my ute serviced seems pretty fair also and has agreed he will not charge me more than fixed priced servicing and said he is below that anyway.
The trick as I understand from reading here is that the valves must be adjusted when the engine is completely cold.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 pm 

Mat01 wrote:
My November 2013 model is getting its 40 k service tomorrow at Brisbane Isuzu........in by 7:00 am out at 3:00 pm so it works for me .... Matt

Engine needs to be cold to check valves. Should be left overnight