NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: DASH RATTLE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:13 am 

Cheese wrote:
Mat01 wrote:
My November 2013 model is getting its 40 k service tomorrow at Brisbane Isuzu........in by 7:00 am out at 3:00 pm so it works for me .... Matt

Engine needs to be cold to check valves. Should be left overnight

Ok job done I am happy ,the car was dropped of at 6:35 am so by he time you drop the fluids and do ALL the work that they carry out for this service the engine is cold and that is when they do the valves ,the overnight thing would be for you 9-5 type people I am a construction worker o get up way early. It cost $960 for the service and everything was done including the valves all the fluids bar the auto trans where changed and all the filters including the aircon filter , air filter , & oil filter . I can post a copy of the receipt to show the breakdown if need be but the car runs better and quieter and it also has new coolant that is pink for some reason . I am Happy with my Brisbane Isuzu service although some think it's excessive ,mine is tax deductible so I don't really care I just want the job done properly by the people that only deal with one model car . I would give the Norris motor group a big miss as they deal with too many models of car to have a factory trained Isuzu mechanic to work on your car . All up I am happy and you can do what you want but Brisbane Isuzu did a great job on my car, the fixed price service is subsidised by Isuzu Australia as part of the deal for newer models according to the service manager . Hope this helps and the borrowed car was better than me having to find my way there and back as public transport is a night mare out that way .Matt

Post subject: Re: DASH RATTLE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 am 

Sounds good Matt. Have booked mine for the service in a couple of weeks time, drop in one day and pick up the next because that suited me. Cost will be $970, which is a vast improvement.

I have emailed Isuzu about the dash rattle business, but no reply yet.
Brisbane Isuzu Ute said they will look at it anyway, so they sound like my kind of dealer.

Thanks again for your report. Cheers............

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm 

So had the 40K service done at Brisbane Isuzu and could not be happier with the service. Cost came in at under $900 with me supplying my own oil, and they even fixed the dash rattle for free. Yeh!

As others have said, I think dealers that handle only one make of vehicle tend to give better service, and certainly seems true in this case. Thanks again to Matt for his recommendation. Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:35 pm 

mystic wrote:
So had the 40K service done at Brisbane Isuzu and could not be happier with the service. Cost came in at under $900 with me supplying my own oil, and they even fixed the dash rattle for free. Yeh!

As others have said, I think dealers that handle only one make of vehicle tend to give better service, and certainly seems true in this case. Thanks again to Matt for his recommendation. Cheers

Certainly agree with that as they have more to loose, part of the reason I chose Major Motors in Perth - Isuzu is all they sell although more truck than cars I think.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:16 am 

mystic wrote:

No probs mate I only passed on my experience , but having their loan car certainly assured me I had done the right thing with my suspension as it had 40 k on the clock and I felt mine was way better . Matt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:05 am 

mystic wrote:

Did they tell you what was the cause of the dash rattle? And how they fixed it?

Tink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:24 pm 

Not specifically, just they had to remove the glove box to get to it. It's like a dull toothache that has magically disappeared. lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 pm 

Thx mate

Tink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:04 pm 

half the time just taking something out, looking, finding nothing and putting it back fixes a rattle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm 

I also have an intermittent rattle left & right side from what sounds like under the dash, & none of the suggestions are my issue. Once you hear it you can't unhear it other passengers say what rattle but its all I can hear. Any other suggestions apart from louder music.