NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: D-Max buying help
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 am 

Hi there,

I am going to look at a 2012 D-Max tomorrow and am a bit concerned with the ad. The photos are of the facelifted model that launched in 2012 (the one I want), but the ad states MY11 and the specifications seem to line up with the pre-upgrade model (4-speed auto, 120 kW, 333 nM, 9L/100km combined) vs the post-upgrade model (5-speed auto, 130 kW, 380 nM, 8.1L/100km). The build date is listed as October 2012 however, which makes it hard to believe it's a MY11.

My question is, was there a version of the updated model that still had the old engine specifications? I asked the dealer this question and being a Honda dealership they didn't know too much about the car itself (doesn't exactly fill me with confidence).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Post subject: Re: D-Max buying help
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 pm 

The previous shape, like mine 2011 is very different to the later design.
Muy rear springs run under the xle where any later model has the springs over the axle. The later/current chape has strut front suspension, ie, spring over shocker, whereas mine has torsion bars.
Most vehicles carry over the run of specs into the next model phase. The dates you mention may be the actual make date and the Australian compliance date which will be later. The compliance date is just when it was accepted into Aussie system.
The 2011 model ASAIK, ran up to the 5th month in 2012. Whether the same engine and GBox specs were dragged into the next shape one, after the May 2012 I am not sure. It isn't surprising a Honda dealer doesn't know any info, some don't know much about Hondas either.
It is extremely hard to gain confidence from a dealer and probably you shouldn't try, because, first up, they assess you and vary their response and comments to what they want you to believe or think you will readily accept.

You already know some info and seem aware of important things. Specs like you quoted above would send a dealer representative into meltdown as the wouldn't know what happened when or what changed with most vehicles they sell..