NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:03 am 

Hi all

The vehicle I had before I bought our 2017 Dmax did not have an in-dash satnav. I used a Tom Tom for my GPS system and it displayed my current speed.

The current speed indication on the Tom Tom was more accurate (by 5kph) than the actual speedo on my 4WD.

My question is "has anyone managed to find a setting on the Dmax Naviextras for the Satnav, or figured out how to display the actual speed"?

I have sent many support requests to Naviextras asking this question and the closest response that I receive is related to the "over speed alert".

I do not think that they can understand English!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 am 

Generally these days in-dash navigation systems will not display speed because it will show how far out the actual speedo is, which by law can be up to 14% less than your actual speed but your odometer will be close to correct. This is an ADR and is in place because the speedo is not allowed to indicate slower than your actual speed and is usually a lot because the manufacturer has to allow for the possibility of you fitting slightly larger tyres, (fitting 265/75/16 tyres or the 17" equivalent will correct the speedo in the DMax but throw the odometer out BTW) this drives truck drivers INSANE! because people aren't aware of it and happily sit on 93 in a 100 zone all day thinking they are doing the right thing...and truck speedos are usually dead-on BTW. So generally if you ask the nav manufacturers how to display speed they will avoid answering the question and play dumb...sound familiar?..oh and they can understand English perfectly.

Use your Tom Tom, it will display the correct speed right in your line of sight rather than having to look down to check.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 am 

Vindor
What Danno has said is exactly as it is.
All you need to do is use a GPS system once, to work out what your speedo reads while actually travelling at 100 kmh. Once you know that %age you can drive to the low error factor without ever having to look at anything but the speedo. Generally as the speed reduces so does the error percentage. Just check it at various speeds 40kmh 60kmh etc to get the pattern in your rememberer.
My older Dmax reads 6kmh faster than actual. My bike is 10kmh faster than actual road speed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:48 am 

Not certain if your head unit is the same as mine,I have the Clarion. The only time it will show your current (and accurate) peed is when you have a destination set. There are 3 displays in the bottom right corner that you can select, speed is one, others are distance to destination, arrival time etc.

If you want an accurate speed indication install a Scangauge 11, this way you can also monitor your transmission temperature at the same time.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am 

Hi Vince
As bob said a Scanguage 2 is a good investment I set mine on coolant temp, Auto tranny temp , Volts and Speed.
The speed is deleted now as I finely fitted a set of 265/70R17 ATs and the speedo is spot on. These tyres are legal on the stock alloy
7 inch Rim.
The ride is a lot smoother than the HTs and now I can go places .
You could also get a free app on your phone to check your speed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm 

Hi guys, I have a gps speed problem with my DIG Options. Unit it reads, 6-8 kph slower than the other gps units and also the speedometer :- :shock:.

Now I have tried other people's gps units and they show that the DIG unit is not showing the correct speed.
I have spoken to the Australian representative of DIG Options, and all they say is that their unit is right, as it gets a signal from a satellite.
(duh :roll: ).
What I would like to know is if you can get a gps speed recalibration done on these units.
Regards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 pm 

I downloaded an app for my iPhone, showed the same speed as the Clarion and Scangauge 11.

2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:43 pm 

Just_Misplaced wrote:
Hi guys, I have a gps speed problem with my DIG Options. Unit it reads, 6-8 kph slower than the other gps units and also the speedometer :- :shock:.

Now I have tried other people's gps units and they show that the DIG unit is not showing the correct speed.
I have spoken to the Australian representative of DIG Options, and all they say is that their unit is right, as it gets a signal from a satellite.
(duh :roll: ).
What I would like to know is if you can get a gps speed recalibration done on these units.
Regards

I remember mine was accurate but I never paid any attention to it anyway, but I do remember asking some basic questions of Dig Options when installing the unit on other matters and the "help" (dumb ass answers that managed to insult us both at the same time) I received had me seriously considering homicide at the time so I'm not surprised that's the answer you got. Is the odo accurate on the unit?

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:31 am 

Thanks for the advice guys. Much Appreciated.

For those who have a Scangauge, where have you installed it? A photo would help!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 am 

Here ya get one of these

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/advent ... splay.html