NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: NEW TURBO
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm 

hey fellas i have dmax 08 model and the turbo is apparently passing oil so i need to get a new one.

just wondering if you guys would just replace with the standard stock turbo or get an aftermarket one. and if i should get an aftermarket one is there any you would suggest?

thanks

justin

Post subject: Re: NEW TURBO
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 pm 

IS the turbo working ok?
What info alerted you to the fact it is "passing oil", I take that to mean lube oil is coming out of the turbo seals and into either the exhaust or intake streams.

If it is just the presence of oil in the intake after the PCV entry point and the intake tract has oil in it that is normal and can be largely eliminated with a decent catch can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm 

What mydmax says is good advice. Replacing the turbo is damn expensive. Have all the little, cheaper things been ruled out first, and by who?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 am 

jbrij93
You didn't mention how many KM's your vehicle has done so far. That will determine the life of the turbo.
Many oil issues with engines are directly attributable to the poor quality of the oil used in the engine. Many oils thin out more than they should, ie, become more watery when hot, and that will affect oil useage rates enormously.
If the oil is a high quality oil and blowby isn't excessive then it could be the turbo seals.

As Aussie said above, consider all the basic requirement first.
Like going to the doctor too, make sure you get a second opinion regarding replacing the turbo. What is the industry standing/competence of the person who is saying the turbo is at fault? Perhaps they are correct but if requiring brain surgery I would like to hear it from a competent neuro sirjohn, not Bob the mechanic around the corner.