NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: chromoly cv/Axles
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 am 

gmax wrote:
Sas front end be a good solution lol!!

Every single dmax mechanic I've asked seems oblivious to the diff bein set back.

Probably been told to act dumb bout it.

They just haven't noticed , I have talked to independent mechanics , when you point it out to them they say , yeah it is isn't it .

Gmax did you go camping on the weekend , tracks would of been slippery , easy in the dry , completely different in the wet .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 am 

Na mate was pissing rain couldn't be bothered setting up trying to get wood etc in rain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 pm 

Jackofjr, had a look at your video and yep that was a very soft break! Can't say we have had many issues at all that's why I brought one myself cause the boy's at work drive these things like they stole em!! 1 of our trucks with 50,000km looks like a battered 250,000km mine truck as they work on power line tracks and unlike most people when it gets hardcore these trucks have to keep going forward as the power lines have to be cleared regardless.
Have to say though I know how your feel mate as I had a new BT50 that by 60,000km had a new gearbox, full set of tail shafts and 2 sets of uni joints and still had vibrations through the drive line! It was completely standard and Mazda had no answers as to why. :evil:
Lets hope someone makes some H/D cv's down the line at a reasonable price! Good-luck with it mate.

Steve

2014 LSU D-Cab auto, Dobinson Bull bar, Outback Armour 50mm lift, Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 tyres, Factory snorkel, Factory tow bar, more to come!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm 

It's got me stuffed Steve my Ute looks exactly the same as every other Dmax I have checked out .

I need to go bush with another one , see if I can break em both , maybe gmax he is just down the road from me , how about it gmax . Maaaate . ( lol )

I would like to see what others actually call hardcore , has to be bloody hard for me to call it hardcore .

I haven't done anything I would call hard in the Dmax yet , I have done some tracks most would call pretty steep .
Havent had a problem driving straight up or down steep tracks , I have 2eLockers and believe diff locks save CV's , I never have wheels spinning madly in the air and crashing back down , that's a great way to break CV's .

You have to be cautious turning with the front locked , I would only ever turn with the Hilux front locked if I really had to , but I would of done it dozens of times .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:04 pm 

Lol jacko dunno if I Wanna go out to deliberately break my car lol.

Be interested though in these steering stops.
Hoping tht could be a good improvement.

When are you heading off on ya trip jacko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm 

Be nice to know if the Bursons cv is/was just rubbish, it could just be that and I really think you should consider it, it was too soft a break in my eyes to be much else if there's nothing else wrong with the car.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm 

gmax wrote:
Lol jacko dunno if I Wanna go out to deliberately break my car lol.

Be interested though in these steering stops.
Hoping tht could be a good improvement.

When are you heading off on ya trip jacko

gmax Mate , you didn't read that post correctly , I want to drive your Ute , see if it breaks when I'm at the wheel . It would be a good test , see if my steering stops actually do anything .

Tell ya wot , when I get back we can both go bush , if you break a CV and I don't , I will give you my spare one .

We hope to head later this week , may be , I run the Ute and Tvan over the weigh bridge again yesterday , all good not overweight .

Last edited by Jackofjr on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm 

Danno wrote:
Be nice to know if the Bursons cv is/was just rubbish, it could just be that and I really think you should consider it, it was too soft a break in my eyes to be much else if there's nothing else wrong with the car.
j

Yep Danno I have considered that . I rang the mate the other day , he broke his before I did my first , his Burson CV is still going , he did say he hasn't really been anywhere .

But the original CV broke just as easy , I think I reported the mate and I just looked at each other with amazement , what just happened

Talking to others and contact I have had with others on the computer a lot of them are saying they broke very easily ,

I now know of plenty that have broken CV's , some have used genuine replacements , 2 I personally know have broken that one , most have been on the left side , like both mine , don't know if that has anything to do with it , BUT , I did have a tighter turning radius to the left .

Yeah I know plenty here think I'm full of it , because they haven't broken one and don't know of any apart from me .

Trust me there is plenty of em , they all have to break the genuine CV first .

I guess there could be a issue with some Dmax , I might have one , it's got me what it could be , if it's the steering lock , all should be the exactly the same the stops are fixed , something would have to be out of alignment , bent , damaged .

I'm open to any suggestion as to what I might look at next .

I know go BS the dealer I want a new one , test drive a few , do a few donuts in 4wd see what gives .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm 

Hahah jacko, that's very kind of you.

Make sure ya post pics of your trip to

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:19 pm 

gmax wrote:
Hahah jacko, that's very kind of you.

Will even help you fit it , I have all the tools and a few spare shims ,

Next time you have nothing to do , how about you do some circle work , see if your Dmax turns tighter more one way than the other .

You just need a big enough area of gravel , do a few full lock turns each way , in 2wd , a long tape to measure it . You won't break anything in 2wd

I had a couple of mates , they placed a brick against the outside wheel , then measured between them .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next