NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Drive line componentry
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm 

Hey guys first time poster I have a 2015 Dmax it has done 53000km got back from a trip only did about 600km of dirt road not so rough the rest was about 1500km of bitumen towing a trailer not real heavy. I have upgraded the suspension with 500kg rated 50mm lift outback armour in rear & HD in front long story short when I turn to the left I hear a clunking noise in the rear then after that every left turn consecutively you don't hear anything as soon as you turn right you here the clunking again until your straight again every turn right consecutively after that you hear nothing. I've had the suspension checked all the components that I have added checked to no avail took it to the dealer they said diff axle bearings had them changed not that either we are all scratching our heads possibly the diff centre? Any ideas would be great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:44 pm 

Dmaxfun123
Because you have aftermarket springs, they may be slightly narrower in the front spring hanger. Most, if not all, have a steel sleeve inside the front bush.
If this bush is shorter than the OE system, the new setup may be sliding sideways with a thump at each sideways change.
Check to see IF there is a gap at the sides of each front bush unit. The boot which goes through is possible tightened, BUT, unless the thick side plates are squeezed inwards, not recommended, there may be that gap. Most folk won’t check there as they assume it can’t be wrong.
If there is a gap you would need to partially withdraw the bolt and fit a suitable thickness washer.

If shackle pins are in poly bushes. They will also do the same noise. Some are nice bushes but not quite the same dimensions, ie, a side gap in them tooas the OE items which were rubber which gets squeezed slightly and therefore no noise.