NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Cv axles
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:24 pm 

Anyone had any CV issues. Just blew my first one at 30000kms in what I thought was pretty easy terrain. Previously did a tie rod on the opposite side so fair to say I've not got much faith in the mighty dmax atm.

2 inch Oztech lift from 4wd supa centre with diff drop kit and ball joint spacers.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 465.69 KiB | Viewed 7226 times ]

Post subject: Re: Cv axles
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:29 pm 

sounds sus to me mate; must be something nefarious with your suspension setup....or driver error.

Stut spacers used to get the lift? they are dodgy critters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:08 pm 

Nah no strut spacers? Anyone else with 2" lift do any half decent 4x4 and experienced any problems? Oztech suspension installed by performance suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:28 pm 

Just had one fail on the weekend. Driving on a sealed road at about 100kph and noticed a noise. Pulled over and noticed the drive shaft had pulled out from the hub. No damage done to anything else. 2" OME lift and very little offroad work. Vehicle has only done 50k.

In at the workshop now getting fixed I hope. Apparently IUA are questioning whether is the fault of the suspension lift or not, its going to be expensive if its not covered by warranty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm 

zed wrote:
Just had one fail on the weekend. Driving on a sealed road at about 100kph and noticed a noise. Pulled over and noticed the drive shaft had pulled out from the hub. No damage done to anything else. 2" OME lift and very little offroad work. Vehicle has only done 50k.

In at the workshop now getting fixed I hope. Apparently IUA are questioning whether is the fault of the suspension lift or not, its going to be expensive if its not covered by warranty.

Out of curiosity; how much lift did you get with your OME gear? there arnt 2" btw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 pm 

It's only about 30mm higher in the front. Just got a call from the dealership, Isuzu won't cover it as they lay the blame on the lift. Something to be mindful of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:16 pm 

zed wrote:
It's only about 30mm higher in the front. Just got a call from the dealership, Isuzu won't cover it as they lay the blame on the lift. Something to be mindful of.

Consider installing AVM hubs.

Isuzu knocking that claim back was a given mate, if you put the wrong brake light bulb in they would somehow linked it to that CV and knocked you back, they are not building a good reputation when it comes to warranty payouts, making their 5yr warranty smell of something funny...

If the blame was laid at the feet of the lift then I suggest your next port of call be ARB, they make big claims about their lifts being within a safe range, ESC compatible and so forth but apparently not CV friendly??

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 pm 

Cheers Danno, ordered AVM hubs today. Disappointing for a relatively new vehicle but these things happen. $950 for an original drive shaft isn't ideal. I knew I was pushing my luck with the warranty. ARB won't cover it because nothing of theirs failed but IUA won't cover it because they blame ARB. Makes you wonder what is covered once we modify the vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:05 pm 

zed wrote:
Cheers Danno, ordered AVM hubs today. Disappointing for a relatively new vehicle but these things happen. $950 for an original drive shaft isn't ideal. I knew I was pushing my luck with the warranty. ARB won't cover it because nothing of theirs failed but IUA won't cover it because they blame ARB. Makes you wonder what is covered once we modify the vehicle

I could understand if it was a 50mm+ lift; but 30! they probably didnt even bother investigating anything

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:37 pm 

I broke a CV today , went off with a hell of a bang , I must say I'm not all that impressed ,
I was on full left lock in 4wd , no spinning wheels , less than walking pace , it was hairpin turn on a track I have done plenty of times before in my Hilux .

It just broke too easily are Dmax CV's a weak point . Is there a aftermarket option ?
I didn't have the Elockers engaged at the time .

What was going to be a casual day with a mate driving around the bush , turned into several hours winching to get out of the bush , bloody long day .

Managed to drive home ok , the Ute only has 9000k on odo
Can't blame my suspension lift its actually 10mm lower than std , anyone who has been reading my GVM upgrade thread will know the issues I have been having wit that.

I won't even bother trying for a warranty claim .
Can anyone tell me how much is involved in replacing a CV , it seems like something I might have to get proficient at doing and carry a spare .

Geez it's been a long day , at least the new Winch works ok , synthetic rope is worth it weight in gold , glad I didn't have to drag wire up that track

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next