NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cv axles
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 am 

I knew I had no chance making a claim , just thought I would mention it coz I was there .
Not good to hear about another bloody CV .
I suggested to the service manager that it looks like it could be a weak point and perhaps Isuzu should start looking into it more closely and honouring warranty claims , she suggested I ring Isuzu Customer Service , dunno if I can be stuffed , perhaps we all should and just let em know , we don't like what we are hearing .

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am 

You would think Isuzu are monitoring this forum :D

Tink

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:50 pm 

Typical line from a dealer so you think you've voided your warranty. The dealer is the first line of defence to warranty claims. The dealer has no incentive. I'm sure they get paid what Isuzu thinks is a reasonable rate for labour not what they charge us. Anyway if you were driving the vehicle as the manufacture intended (the ads show them off road don't they?) and you haven't modded the vehicle in way that could be linked to the damage your warranty stands. If they tell you otherwise they're full of it and perhaps lodging a case with ACCC or whoever may speed up the claim. If you think any other manufacture is different sell your dmax and give someone else a try. Best of luck to you.

I remember reading on 4wdaction a guy who got a claim through for a blown motor which had a chip fitted. They knocked it back originally though. Maybe in exchange for removing the posts Isuzu honoured the claim.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:35 pm 

Today I have phoned several places in Melbourne and NSW , it seems no one can supply a Complete Drive shaft or even the CV joint for the latest Dmax , one bloke was even surprised I was able to get one from Bursons.
A couple of them have said , it would be a warranty job wouldn't it . Ha Ha .

One place looked up and had Dmax CV's listed from 2008 on , when was the latest model / shape Dmax released 2012 ?????.
Anyone know for sure if the latest CV is different to 2008 .

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:14 pm 

If you cant find a new one and still have a few of the ball bearings to match sizes with most CV places will rebuild it for you

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:54 pm 

Chester ver 2.0 wrote:
If you cant find a new one and still have a few of the ball bearings to match sizes with most CV places will rebuild it for you

It's ok Chester , I got a new one from Bursons , when I go on a big trip I will carry a spare CV , I can just get another from Bursons.

I was just trying to find out what else might be available , better quality maybe .

It could be the outer CV that I broke might be the same as some other make or model , I don't know how I could find that out , other than pulling CV's apart , probably not gunna happen .

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am 

Jackofjr wrote:
Chester ver 2.0 wrote:

It's ok Chester , I got a new one from Bursons , when I go on a big trip I will carry a spare CV , I can just get another from Bursons.

I was just trying to find out what else might be available , better quality maybe .

It could be the outer CV that I broke might be the same as some other make or model , I don't know how I could find that out , other than pulling CV's apart , probably not gunna happen .

Maybe look at the Colorado unit, same part no's?? Come to think of it, how many of their CV's are dropping their bundle?? There might be more interchangeable parts than we think.
Now for a scenario question, you have the usual lift, fwh's locked & the CV fails the test, & of course your in the middle of buggery, could you remove the damaged CV or unlock that side hub(freewheel) & still get drive from the other side wheel to get out? What would the traction control think of this?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:24 am 

Guipago wrote:
What would the traction control think of this?

Turn it off then no issues.

Tink

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am 

Guipago wrote:
Maybe look at the Colorado unit, same part no's?? Come to think of it, how many of their CV's are dropping their bundle?? There might be more interchangeable parts than we think.
Now for a scenario question, you have the usual lift, fwh's locked & the CV fails the test, & of course your in the middle of buggery, could you remove the damaged CV or unlock that side hub(freewheel) & still get drive from the other side wheel to get out? What would the traction control think of this?

I think you would probably have to turn the TC off , that's what I did .
Getting up the rest of that track in 2wd and winching was a very interesting experience , it took several hours and a lot huffing and puffing .

I replaced the CV myself because I wanted to see what was involved and because and I had never had a CV apart before .

I now know it would be easy to remove the broken CV , just cut the top rubber boot , remove the wire clip that holds the top CV and the whole shaft would fall out , all you would need is a knife and small screw driver .

I'm my case I could lock the diffs and at least have 3,wheel drive ,

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:07 pm 

I priced a Colorado CV yesterday, complete CV shaft assembly =$465.75
Just the Lower CV joint 291.09

I rang a place in NSW they only had CV's listed from 2008 on , they wanted my VIN number to check if the 2014 was the same , they reckon it is .

Can anyone confirm .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next