NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours


We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:07 am
Posts: 208
Interested in getting feedback from you Jacko as eventually this will be the way I will go. Probably only one in the rear at this stage I think that would be enough for my intended use of my ute

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
alandmargie wrote:
Interested in getting feedback from you Jacko as eventually this will be the way I will go. Probably only one in the rear at this stage I think that would be enough for my intended use of my ute

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk


Yep will do , they will get a workout for sure . I had 2xAir Lockers in my Hilux , I will admit one would really do the job most of the time .

Because I got the E's at a good price I thought bugger it I will have 2 .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
Picked up the Ute late today , Bar , Winch , Elockers all fitted , just have to give the lockers a workout now . Haven't even flicked the switches yet , will find some dirt tomorrow just to make sure they do lock .

The Bar is a single hoop that I wanted but in the box was stainless full hoop as well , ya never Know if I decide I want a different look or some headlight protection I guess I can change it .

I was lucky with the price I got the lockers for its the last 2 he could supply at that price ,

Guess what my front sagged 10mm , I'm now back to std hight , who would of guessed .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Darwin... sort of.
Jackofjr wrote:
Picked up the Ute late today , Bar , Winch , Elockers all fitted , just have to give the lockers a workout now . Haven't even flicked the switches yet , will find some dirt tomorrow just to make sure they do lock .

The Bar is a single hoop that I wanted but in the box was stainless full hoop as well , ya never Know if I decide I want a different look or some headlight protection I guess I can change it .

I was lucky with the price I got the lockers for its the last 2 he could supply at that price ,

Guess what my front sagged 10mm , I'm now back to std hight , who would of guessed .


Where'd they put the switches mate? I'm going to have to hide mine, I have a very quick 3yr old with 6 4 foot long arms, he's already got me with that stupid 4wd dial :roll: ,so it has a light on it now. I was thinking along the lines of rocket switches or something.

_________________
Cheers
Dan
Moderator
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
Danno you have to watch those 3yo's . The switches are in that switch panel on the RHS , that has the Dash Dimmer and Mirror switches .

The E- switches stick out like dogs B's , the fitter is not happy with the supplied switches he is going to get some better fitting ones .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Tathra, NSW
You could use this and get some carling switches for the lockers from ARB or Narva.
Whoops....can't figure out how to post a link to one of my posts.
Search under "Lightfleet" DON"T buy the carling switches off them The Narva ones look better.

_________________
MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
Thanks Silver will have a look see


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
A bit of a update on my E-lockers , not that I got to use them much before the CV went crunch
I will say they certainly did the job , like I knew they would . I was going bush again this week for a couple of days but the weather has turned to crap .

That track I did the CV on would be almost impossible when wet .

The real reason for this post , I remembered Danno asked about the switches because of his 3yo , octopus.
The way mine are wired up the lockers won't engaged in 2wd , I was thinking of changing it but really it's possibly a good thing , if ya bump the switch or if Dannos 3yo get in ya Ute and flicks the switch in 2wd nothing happens .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Darwin... sort of.
Jackofjr wrote:
A bit of a update on my E-lockers , not that I got to use them much before the CV went crunch
I will say they certainly did the job , like I knew they would . I was going bush again this week for a couple of days but the weather has turned to crap .

That track I did the CV on would be almost impossible when wet .

The real reason for this post , I remembered Danno asked about the switches because of his 3yo , octopus.
The way mine are wired up the lockers won't engaged in 2wd , I was thinking of changing it but really it's possibly a good thing , if ya bump the switch or if Dannos 3yo get in ya Ute and flicks the switch in 2wd nothing happens .


That's a very good idea, I never thought of that, I considered putting it through two switches (1 locker) so that they both have to be on or something like that, I've already modified my 4wd dial to have a very bright led light when engaged!

My locker has been postponed another 3 weeks due to a further lack of supply :roll:

_________________
Cheers
Dan
Moderator
Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E-Lockers
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: West Gippsland Victoria
I didn't know they were like that until I tried to use em in 2wd when I broke the CV .

I think it just in the wiring of the switches they must only have power when the 4wd knob is moved to 4wd .

My Air lockers could be engaged in 2wd but the front wouldn't lock unless the rear was locked first .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group