NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Light bulb replacement
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:32 am 

I have a 2015 Mu-x and have changed the light globes although they still don’t work. I’ve no idea what else to do. And I’m not that crash hot at fixing car related things! I think it could be a fuse but which one? It’s the lights on the RHS only. The Brake, high beam and indicator. Low beam works though??

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:22 pm 

Are you sure that the new bulb isn't faulty? Try using the bulb from the left hand side headlight first, at least you know that one works.

Generally most vehicles only use one fuse for both headlights so I doubt that it's a blown fuse due to the left side working,...it's most likely a bad, broken, corroded connection on the right hand side wiring.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:02 pm 

A fuse is easily found if looked for. Quite possibly that is the problem. A to fuses, most modern vehicles, Isuzu included DO use two fuses, one for each side. Quite common because of safety regulations, if one side fails you still have another side. It is called double redundancy in many systems.

"The Brake, high beam and indicator. Low beam works though??" Really? I see the brake is mentioned. Do you mean the BRAKE LIGHT is not working only on the RHS? Is it only the high beam on the RHS? That is at the other end to the brake light. The indicator? Which one do you mean? Perhaps a more complete explanation of what IS and WHAT isn't may assist diagnosis. If no fuses blown, I would be checking integrity of wiring loom plugs related to the the.