NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 pm 

Well; Im sick of the gravel rash on the front wheel arch of my tub (where it sticks outs) so a set of steps are on the cards for the old birthy :-)

What has everyone else got? any photos, and especially photos of how they mount to the chassis would be greatly appreciated.

I really like these "phatbar" ones, but theres no mention of them being ADR approved which is a concern..

http://www.phatbars.com.au/product/isuz ... ally-step/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:56 am 

On our Central Oz trip we almost sandblasted clean the drawbar and axle of the camper trailer. Also the front edge under the rear ARB step, under the Dmax, copped a fair few stone chips which surprised me. We were throwing up heaps of stones and even some quite large rocks (could see them in the rear view mirrows whistling through the air) but no chips on the wheel arches or sides of the vehicle. Very happy with the protection offered by the ARB protection steps but they did lose a bit of paint underneath as would be expected.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 am 

Tink wrote:
On our Central Oz trip we almost sandblasted clean the drawbar and axle of the camper trailer. Also the front edge under the rear ARB step, under the Dmax, copped a fair few stone chips which surprised me. We were throwing up heaps of stones and even some quite large rocks (could see them in the rear view mirrows whistling through the air) but no chips on the wheel arches or sides of the vehicle. Very happy with the protection offered by the ARB protection steps but they did lose a bit of paint underneath as would be expected.

Hey Tink,

Do you have any pics of how they mount to the chassis? also are they modular like the TJM/MCC ones, as in you can add scrubbies later?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 am 

Yes, the front piece of the step comes out and side rails can be fitted without removing the steps.

Will take some photos this arvo but they just clamp to the chassis rails with brackets and ubolts

Tink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:25 am 

TJM steps. Sounds like they attach the same as Tink's. I've got the actual fitting instructions, I can scan and upload them if you want to see what is involved....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:27 pm 

Tink wrote:

Tink, there is a pinched seam that runs along the bottom of the sill panel, it hangs down about an inch and will be the closest thing to the sidestep all the way along, can you take a pic while your at it of how close the step comes to that seam? preferably along the car if you could (from the back wheel to the front that is) the steps I have the first bar (inner?) that runs along the step sits right under that seam uncomfortably close to it and in my opinion if it hit while in a rut or whatever would be pushed up into the seam and damage the very thing it's meant to protect, I'm considering tossing them out and want to see if others are the same.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:11 pm 

Aussie wrote:
TJM steps. Sounds like they attach the same as Tink's. I've got the actual fitting instructions, I can scan and upload them if you want to see what is involved....

Hey Aussie; just a pic of how they mount underneath would be enough mate :-)

I stopped at ARB today and was told $1050 (supply only) for just the steps!!! (no srubbies)...I was expecting $700ish...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:12 pm 

Danno wrote:
Tink wrote:

Tink, there is a pinched seam that runs along the bottom of the sill panel, it hangs down about an inch and will be the closest thing to the sidestep all the way along, can you take a pic while your at it of how close the step comes to that seam? preferably along the car if you could (from the back wheel to the front that is) the steps I have the first bar (inner?) that runs along the step sits right under that seam uncomfortably close to it and in my opinion if it hit while in a rut or whatever would be pushed up into the seam and damage the very thing it's meant to protect, I'm considering tossing them out and want to see if others are the same.

Yeah a pic of underneath would be awesome Tink :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 pm 

Turkey wrote:
Hey Aussie; just a pic of how they mount underneath would be enough mate :-)

I stopped at ARB today and was told $1050 (supply only) for just the steps!!! (no srubbies)...I was expecting $700ish...

That's about what I paid for my side steps and rails, fully fitted too. Do they have sales now and then, might be worthwhile waiting for a while??

Full sized pictures so you can zoom in if needed.

Front : http://i.imgur.com/nEQJWb8.jpg

Front : http://i.imgur.com/eYMz7mr.jpg

Rear : http://i.imgur.com/xmVCECo.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:10 am 

Danno wrote:

Closest anything gets is 40mm. Reckon it would need a fair old shunt to close that gap.

Tink

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next