NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:05 pm 

They don't look too bad, solid enough.

Have you got that roof rack spanning canopy and the cab roof? how does it cope with the chassis twist? not much of an issue on road, but off road...

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:09 am 

Danno wrote:

Have you got that roof rack spanning canopy and the cab roof? how does it cope with the chassis twist? not much of an issue on road, but off road...

The cage is mounted onto the 2 front rhino racks on the cab roof, but it also extends back and sits on the racks on the canopy. The canopy isn't mounted though with anything other then 2 small cable ties to stop any rattling. I just use the 3rd support on the canopy as weight bearing, but other then that its not mounted in any way so it can flex. Likewise for the Foxwing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:55 am 

Hemmo wrote:
Danno wrote:

The cage is mounted onto the 2 front rhino racks on the cab roof, but it also extends back and sits on the racks on the canopy. The canopy isn't mounted though with anything other then 2 small cable ties to stop any rattling. I just use the 3rd support on the canopy as weight bearing, but other then that its not mounted in any way so it can flex. Likewise for the Foxwing.

Good idea, Tradesman racks make a full length for the Dmax using special mounts on the cab.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:22 pm 

Hemmo wrote:
Ironman steps

Hemmo,

Do you find that much dirt/rocks etc make it through the gap between the body below the doors and the steps? Seems like only the navara st-x steps block that gap?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:39 am 

jarvo1985 wrote:
Hemmo wrote:
Ironman steps

Hemmo,

Do you find that much dirt/rocks etc make it through the gap between the body below the doors and the steps? Seems like only the navara st-x steps block that gap?

Definitely haven't heard any rocks getting thrown up and hitting the body since I put them on. As for dirt, I'm still yet to take it out bush since putting them on so haven't tested that yet.
To be honest I'm not to concerned, all the steps I looked at were roughly around the same space between the body. Any closer and it defeats the purpose of them being there as a solid hit will just smash the steps into the body rather then absorbing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:38 am 

I'm probably going to go with the rock sliders made by Dominator 4x4. Has anyone got them?

No holes or welding, no flimsy u-bolts, Aussie steel and made right here in SEQ and $650. You can get full length 5mm plate added for $130.

They don't have the D-Max on their site, but their FB pages says they do do them for the D-Max.

http://www.dominator4x4.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dominato ... 43?fref=ts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:39 am 

5mm plate? Bet theyre heavy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:06 am 

morphias wrote:
I'm probably going to go with the rock sliders made by Dominator 4x4. Has anyone got them?

No holes or welding, no flimsy u-bolts, Aussie steel and made right here in SEQ and $650. You can get full length 5mm plate added for $130.

They don't have the D-Max on their site, but their FB pages says they do do them for the D-Max.

http://www.dominator4x4.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dominato ... 43?fref=ts

Finally some well designed steps at a good price

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:23 am 

Following on from jacko's thump what is it that makes a slider a slider? Is thier any that have a plate on the bottom side because to me they all look like they would catch on the edge of rocks rather then "sliding" across them.

I drove around to the local arb, tjm and 4x4 shops to try and have a good look at them close up and get some prices. No suprise arb dearest at 1300 so no deal i dont care if they have aluminium plate instead of the standard chequre that is just ridiculous. Tjm 800 but they all different for each make and they had no dmax ones there. Ironman 650 these seem like the best value but again none at all for any make there so no idea on quality in the past ironman have been a bit hit & miss ive found so im a little wary.

The other difference a couple of you guys seem to have also noted is width, wider is better for me as im loading my 20kg+ longboard on the roof a couple of days a week. Tjm seems unanimous in been the widest so im swaying that way. Perhaps somebody could measure the width of thier steps for me would be a great help.

Oher brands i can't find much info on is mcc which is same price as ironman and afn which i cant find any info on and im a little hesitant after the issues people seem to be having with thier dealer up here.

Didnt think thier would be so much to consider in a set of sidesteps maybe im just overthiinking it.

Cheers Reece

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 am 

Steps like ARB , TJM ect are really only steps , they stop a bit of gravel rash but drop onto a rock they will bend pretty easily . Sliders are stronger and can take a bigger hit . I had ARB Side Steps on a previous and managed to bend them up and damage the sills .
My Rassliders are really a bit of a cross between a step and a slider , I suppose .

It really depends where you use your vehicle , unless you drive a lot of rocky tracks , steps will probably do the job .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next