NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 am 

Hi again, having settled on a LS-U Dual Cab rather than the Space Cab I now have a question.

Has anyone fitted Clearview Mirrors to their LS-U?

I am concerned about the wiring plug & whether it will fit without modification?

I realise that there is no Electric Fold option with the Clearview.

I find it doubtful there would be a different wiring loom for the mirrors between the LS-U and other models that don't have this accessory.

I contacted Clearview & they suggest cutting & splicing wires or they will supply plugs @ $20 each + $11 postage. :o

The reason for my request is I am planning to only fit the Clearview when going on a van trip & re-fitting the stock mirrors on return as it is only a 10 minute job to change-over.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience?

Thanks Neil

MY2017 D-Max LS-U, delivered 08/11/2017. Factory Canopy, Bonnet Protector, Wind Deflectors to all doors, Side Steps, Isuzu Towbar, TX-3350 UHF Radio, Blackvue Dash Cam, Dark Window Tint, TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Rhino Cross Racks, Awning, Graphics.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:54 pm 

I have a mirror from a Hyundai car and have looked at the wiring on my 2011 model Dmax. For the mirror function it is only three wires of the 7 in the DMax plug you have to connect to and to splicing into the loom is a reasonable thing to do. Easy and you can fit small connectors anyway. The current involved is small and so petite connectors will allow easy removal as needed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm 

Hi just to let you know that the LSU clear view mirrors are just a straight swap and takes about 30-40 minutes all up but you do not have the fold in option any more