NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post subject: Tyre Pressure Monitor
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:10 pm 

I am considering getting TPMS (tyre pressure monitor) fitted to the new D-Max when it arrives and also to the van.

Anyone have them & can recommend theirs?

I would prefer the Internal type to the Stem ones for security and ease of deflating for Beach/gravel work.

This leads to another question, are they a hassle to have to reset for the lower beach pressure or must they be turned off?

Cheers Neil

MY2017 D-Max LS-U, delivered 08/11/2017. Factory Canopy, Bonnet Protector, Wind Deflectors to all doors, Side Steps, Isuzu Towbar, TX-3350 UHF Radio, Blackvue Dash Cam, Dark Window Tint, TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Rhino Cross Racks, Awning, Graphics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 am 

I got one of these at the beginning of the year
http://www.digoptions.com.au/6-tpms-tyr ... tru~194608

Happy with its performance. Easy to adjust for lower pressures off road or sand driving. Same system that Safety Dave and a couple of other distributros sell, but cheaper.

Tink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm 

Tink wrote:
I got one of these at the beginning of the year
http://www.digoptions.com.au/6-tpms-tyr ... tru~194608

Happy with its performance. Easy to adjust for lower pressures off road or sand driving. Same system that Safety Dave and a couple of other distributros sell, but cheaper.

Tink

Thanks for that, I ordered a Safety Dave one today because he fixed another problem I had.

I will source some metal valves as I hear the cap mounted ones can bend.

Cheers Neil

MY2017 D-Max LS-U, delivered 08/11/2017. Factory Canopy, Bonnet Protector, Wind Deflectors to all doors, Side Steps, Isuzu Towbar, TX-3350 UHF Radio, Blackvue Dash Cam, Dark Window Tint, TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Rhino Cross Racks, Awning, Graphics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:39 pm 

If your sensors are mounted on the valve stem then, YES, they do bend because of centrifugal force.
If the stem is long, some are, the mark where they lie down onto the rim while the wheel rotates is easily seen. If they sit on the rim, then road shocks will have some effect on their life I presume.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 pm 

If you mount your sensors on the valve stems then get fitted short metal or rubber ATV valve stems, problem solved...it brings them closer to the rim so the tyre protects them and more or less stops them moving around...we never lost or damaged one in 70000k's.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 pm 

Danno wrote:
If you mount your sensors on the valve stems then get fitted short metal or rubber ATV valve stems, problem solved...it brings them closer to the rim so the tyre protects them and more or less stops them moving around...we never lost or damaged one in 70000k's.

Just received my SD kit today, very prompt service.

The metal valves are what I was thinking, especially now IO have actually seen the sensors. :o They are big MoFo's!

Where would I be likely to source these valves Danno?

Cheers Neil