NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:52 pm 

Do the earlier models have a piece of metal from the "tow point" to the suspension cross member ?
Or is it just later 14-15 models. Can't see it in place in Danno's pics.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:04 pm 

Nothings changed mate, my father has an early 13 I have an early 14 and I've jumped under a current and they're all identical.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:22 pm 

A few photos I think mentioned a few pages back now, The stickers on the front bar pointing to the tie down points area have printed on them "Tow' not snatch (photo blown up ). Interesting thread for shore.

Cheers Wayno

Attachments:
isuzu-d-max-dakar-02.jpg
isuzu-d-max-dakar-02.jpg [ 301 KiB | Viewed 4110 times ]
isuzu_d-max_dakar_rally_2.jpg
isuzu_d-max_dakar_rally_2.jpg [ 216.6 KiB | Viewed 4119 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:55 pm 

I could be wrong but I think my ARB ones look a bit more substantial than those...

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:10 pm 

Very nice mate, was under the max today having a look if they'de fit on so will use that good picture of yours as a reference, I have an ironman bar will see what happens.
Although this months purchase is the roof rack mount bars inside the canopy(ARB) will be putting me own rack on the top though. To many Mods and not enough money?

Cheers Wayno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:35 pm 

I think you'll find that the Ironman bar will use the same mounting points and they won't fit, the ARB bar has an unusual mounting system not using those holes.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:47 pm 

Your right Dan wont fit as the holes used for the recovery plates are already being used for the bar plates, as well as the bash plate also being in the way. Silver why isn't there a bolt through that spare hole in your photo next to the wire cable, just an observation that's all.

Cheers Wayno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 pm 

No idea. 'll check it out after I get home. I am not on talking terms with the ARB mob anymore so I will try to suss it myself. Not sure what it is from anyway. They look like different size holes almost. I'll let you know.

MY15 SX Spacecab,ARB GVM Upgrade,Auto,White,Tinted,Towbar,2.2m O'Brien Alloy Tray,Trundle Draw,ARB Deluxe Steel Bar, Ironman 9500lb Monster Winch,Alloys,Mortels sheepskin seat covers,ARB Sidesteps and Rails,Plenty of Dynamat,Safari Snorkus,AVM HP Hubs

Post subject: Recovey points
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:05 pm 

Hi,
Just went to have ARB recovery points fitted which we purchased at the caravan and camping show, after being told they would fit with a factory nudge bar on our 2015 Dmax. Turns out this guy was wrong and they won't fit after all. Was told our only option was to buy a bull bar or take the nudge bar off. Has anybody else had this same problem? Trying to search for other brands of recovery points which might fit?

Post subject: Re: Recovey points
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 pm 

jf86

The only problem you have is you believed a salesman at a CVan show.
They are renowned for selling things but accuracy and reality isn't part of their vocabulary.
They will tell you what you want to hear, so as to have your money, pure and simple.

Approach ARB and tell them the story, they should know who it was at that show or track down the culprit if a franchisee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next