NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Recovey points
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:50 pm 

ARB recovery points only fit with NO bar or with the ARB bar.

Roadsafe also make a rated recovery point. Not sure what bars it fits with.

Tink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 am 

Just spoke with roadsafe. They use similar mounting points so they won't fit either. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:33 pm 

I have Roadsafe recovery points (Yellow) fitted on my 2016 D-Max with a MCC B/B. MCC are in Dandenong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm 

Idler Chris wrote:
I have Roadsafe recovery points (Yellow) fitted on my 2016 D-Max with a MCC B/B. MCC are in Dandenong.

Did the roadsafe recovery points fit without modification? What part number are they as I am attending the caravan and camping show in Adealide next week and Roadsafe normally attend.
Any photos.

Thanks Steve

Dmax 2016 dualcab LSU Odsidian grey, catch can, cargo slide, flexiglass canopy, ironman 50mm lift. ironman deluxe bullbar, ironman rear bar, road safe recovery points, uniden UHF, thumper elite 110ah dual battery.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 pm 

i have the ARB recovery points fitted to mine,i have the ARB bar though.I purchased l&r points off a guy on facebook for $350 as he purchased an mcc bar and they wouldnt fit.I got lucky as the are just over $250 each + fitting,i fitted myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:05 pm 

I had a Ironman deluxe bullbar fitted on friday with a set of roadsafe recovery points.
The roadsafe site said the points could be fitted with modification.
An amount of metal had to be removed on both sides for them to fit.

Also had Ironman rear protection bar and foam cell pro 0 - 300kg suspension fitted. Very happy with the end result.

Steve

Dmax 2016 dualcab LSU Odsidian grey, catch can, cargo slide, flexiglass canopy, ironman 50mm lift. ironman deluxe bullbar, ironman rear bar, road safe recovery points, uniden UHF, thumper elite 110ah dual battery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 pm 

Hi Steve.
U don't by chance have any photos of the recovery points fitted to the iron man deluxe bar would you. Would like to see what has to be modified on the bullbar mount.

Would be muchly appreciated.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am 

Here's Holdens (same chassis) take on the front factory hooks on the Colorado "The official word from Holden was that you could use the two standard tow points at the front, which are each rated to 1500kg. 1500kg might be okay for a light winch recovery when bridled across the two of them but certainly insufficient for a safe snatch recovery, which generates much more force."

When I made an enquiry to a certain well known company, which I generally avoid where possible about front recovery hooks when the vehicles were still very new in 2014 and not much around for them, I was told in no uncertain terms by one of the engineers that they did not consider the entire front chassis of the DMax to be strong enough to cope with the forces of a heavy snatch recovery which was 8t minimum and that they had no intention of ever releasing them, this was agreed to by the engineer who did the GVM upgrade on my car and remember these cars are designed to crumple...so then about 6 months later that company had a change of heart suddenly and decided it was now ok..?? :roll: , which I believe had a bit more to do with profits personally after the car became so popular. My solution to it was to fit a winch and any heavy forward recoveries performed by that which puts nowhere near the stresses on the chassis, but then there's the weight of the winch to consider (35kg) bouncing right out the front of the bullbar....

Considering the potentially weak inner guards and the overall light weight build of the DMax I would think long and hard about fitting so called high "rated"(a joke in itself) recovery points that the car is not built to handle. The Dmax is not alone in this and even previous model Hiluxes had the front recovery point near the gearbox crossmember because the front wasn't considered strong enough..as for using the stock "tow hooks" as a snatch point there is a photo of a DMax earlier in this thread of what can happen to them if you do.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14