NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM

NEW D-MAX /MUX /COLORADO FORUM
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

We have NEW server almost ready, try it out here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARB suspension
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 pm 

I replaces the handbrake bracket on the rear springs Dan - Its just a longer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:51 pm 

My front springs were 3058 . Rear ELO74R
I also got the greaseable shackles and all the other bits .

I don't know what the part number is for the springs fitted today .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:16 pm 

Turkey wrote:
I replaces the handbrake bracket on the rear springs Dan - Its just a longer

Thanks, I missed the "h/" before the word brake :roll:, thought it was referring to the brake line brackets not the handbrake.

Google search trick- site:newd-max.net search term here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1684
Build thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=549

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:54 am 

MaxDD wrote:
D-Mac I ordered my OME suspension upgrade with 300kg rears and a colour coded ARB deluxe bar all fitted for $4,400. Bar without winch 3057, rear leaves EL073R is in my quote.

MaxDD,thats exactly what i got :lol: ,but im not putting their shocks/struts in,im using bilstein front and rear and fitting myself.Are you happy with the way yours turned out?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:45 am 

Danno wrote:
d-mac wrote:
ARB make a couple of different springs depending what gear you have:

For the front end : Nothing fitted (part # 3056); bar only (part #3057) and bar + winch (part # 3058).

Similar for rear : Medium load (EL072R), constant 300kg (EL073R) and constant 600kg (EL074R).

funny that i got a quote for front springs today from ARB :) and with BAR ONLY the coil spring part# number was 3058,maybe they have worked out it was too light for the winch and bar :?: 300kg constant rear springs was ELO73R.was quoted $10060.77 for (1)greaseable shackles(2)Front coils(3)rear 300kg constant(4)u/bolt washer and nuts(5)h/brake relocation kit, does this seem too expensive? im also getting an ARB deluxe bar fitted tommorow(friday) so im hoping to get this price down if im lucky :lol:

Yeah 10 grand sounds about right :roll: :lol:

What's the brake relocation kit do, apart from the obvious, is it just a move or lengthened lines? mines at 580 on the rear and the lines are ok but lots of others have had to lengthen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: funny Danno,just seen the price i put :lol: your right coming from them no surprises :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:07 am 

D-Mac not fitted yet will let you know

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 am 

MaxDD wrote:
D-Mac not fitted yet will let you know

Cheers MaxDD,just went to pay for the rest of the bar and they undercharge me $500 :o so i ordered and paid for the springs and shackles and bought a new compressor :D .Can't wait,who said they dont drop their prices :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:51 pm 

Ok update on my suspension Left Front = 760 from bottom of rim 545 from centre wheel
Right Front = 762 rim 547 centre

I have had the 3rd leaf removed from the rear spring pack by removing the leaf they tell me my springs are now rated at 430kg constant , the ride is much improved
The rear has dropped 55mm

The rake now looks much better

The ride hight measured by ARB with the std suspension of, 750 / 755mm , may of been misleading because the vehicle was only driven from the dealer to ARB a couple of K's , not much time to of settled

If I worked on the above std 750/755 actually being 740/745mm , reading some of the posts in this thread it sounds reasonable , my front I
is about 15-20mm higher than std , still a long way short of the 30/35mm claimed , but the vehicle rake looks much better and ride is much improved .

The contact I have at ARB Head Office wants me to keep her informed on what I think , I might just see what happens and when I get a chance load the Ute to full touring weight and hook the Tvan up and see what happens .

Just as well I have bugger all else to do ay .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 am 

Well fitted the rear ome 300kg constants today :D ,after measuring the standards(i measured from the top of the rear wheel hub to bottom of guard) the ome springs have pushed the rear end up 92mm :shock: ,i have'nt put the front springs in yet but the ones ARB have given me are the #3058 for the bar and winch,i wont be running the winch.The arse is so high my wife cant see over the tailgate :shock: and im hoping the rear will drop 60mm :?: for it to be a 30mm lift

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:09 am 

d-mac wrote:
Well fitted the rear ome 300kg constants today :D ,after measuring the standards(i measured from the top of the rear wheel hub to bottom of guard) the ome springs have pushed the rear end up 92mm :shock: ,i have'nt put the front springs in yet but the ones ARB have given me are the #3058 for the bar and winch,i wont be running the winch.The arse is so high my wife cant see over the tailgate :shock: and im hoping the rear will drop 60mm :?: for it to be a 30mm lift

The "standard" height from the centre of the hub to the guard for the front is 520 and rear is 540. Refer back a few pages in this thread for discussions. What was yours before upgrading?

Tink

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next